Job Description If you have a passion for growth, can be adaptable while on the job, and overall innovative Blue Water Development wants YOU! At Blue Water, we create an environment where our employees are engaged, empowered, and challenged to put the guest experience first. Blue Water Development Corporation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and makes employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State, and local laws providing for equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
Position Purpose: The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain property and equipment. Maintenance Technicians ensure daily operational requirements are satisfied for optimal operational efficiency and exceeding customer guest expectations.
Essential Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain property equipment, fixtures, or mechanics
• Responds to management, staff, and resident maintenance requests and quickly executes performance of requests
• Perform inspections of all cottages, buildings, and common areas
• Maintains tools and maintenance equipment to ensure they are in good working order; keeps maintenance room in neat condition
• Performs electrical, heating, and plumbing repairs including Basic electrical ability, changing outlets, fixtures, and breakers. Basic HVAC knowledge of boilers and forced air furnaces. Basic plumbing such as changing out faucets, re-piping, replacing toilets, replacing sinks, and unclogging drains
• Maintain all maintenance logs, work orders, and any other paperwork as needed
• Assist in preparation of vacant rooms or cottages for new guests, including; carpentry work, drywall, painting, staining, and other necessary repairs and improvements
• Ensure the property is clean, orderly, well-manicured, and guest-ready always.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Provides regular and reliable attendance
S uccess Factors:
• Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and other systems
• Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
• Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
• Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
• Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Certificate in HV/AC, building maintenance technology, or relevant field would be preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus.
Report this job