Division: Blue Water Hospitality
Location: Halesford Harbour, Moneta, VA
Employment type: Full time
Travel %: N/A
Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000
Bonus eligible : Eligible to participate in the Management bonus at year-end subject to the terms of the company's bonus plan
Blue Water is privately held and family-owned by father and son Jack and Todd Burbage.
Founded in 2002, Blue Water invests, develops, and manages RV resorts, campgrounds, hotels, and attractions. Blue Water's integrated approach to marketing, revenue management, and operations has quickly established itself as a hospitality industry leader. With dozens of resort-area properties in East Coast states from Maine to Florida and new additions out west in Texas, Montana, and Oregon, the Blue Water family is committed to creating elite assets, delivering exceptional guest experiences, and enhancing the communities we serve.
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
As General Manager, this comprehensive professional will take full reporting responsibility for an upscale Campground and RV Resorts. Great opportunity for an adventurous individual who is not afraid of a challenge, who can see the vision and use the methodological approach to bring it to reality. A strong leader with the ability to coach and motivate a diverse team to success, the General Managers take ownership to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction while managing profitability and operational costs.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate is an independent self-starter, a vision caster, and a strategic thinker who can see the big picture! Has the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, guest-focused environment. Competitive with a strong desire to win. Effectively communicates to a variety of audiences and ability to tailor communication appropriately. Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform and assign the essential functions outlined below*
As the GM, you will lead and champion all aspects of property assets and resources, including staff, property, buildings, and amenities. Provide exceptional guest services and regularly provides coaching to property staff on best tactics in guest services, act as the face of the property, and conduit to own goals and objectives for both employees and guests.
• Lead and direct Capital Expenditures and projects to maintain resort aesthetics and goals
• People Leadership: Provide outstanding leadership to drive and motivate the team. This role includes recruitment, interviewing, performance management, reviews, coaching, training, and succession management.
• Works collaboratively with corporate teams to ensure adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and protocols and drives strategy for property-specific needs.
• Leads, maintains, and reviews financials, reservation reporting, expenses, and budgets regularly, including creating operational budgets and staffing plans.
• Works closely with the Regional Sales Director and Corporate Marketing team to align property goals and corporate strategy together regarding sales, advertising, marketing, tradeshow, promotional materials, and collateral
• Work collaboratively with the Revenue Management team to ensure pricing strategy maximizes profitability.
• Regularly supports marketing analysis to understand competitors and industry trends.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Reliable and punctual attendance required
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As General Manager for Campgrounds, you report directly to the Regional Operations Manager and are responsible for the Campgrounds staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality Management, or another related field is preferred
• 3-5 years of Tourism or Hospitality Leadership experience
• Effective use of computer software, sales tracking software or CRM tools, and social media tools
• Competitive nature with a strong desire to Win!
• Effective communication skills to a variety of audiences and ability to tailor communication appropriately.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
• Strategic thinker!
• Self-starter and independent worker while collaborating in a team environment.
Blue Water is raising the standard of excellence and innovation in real estate development and hospitality with every entity brought on board.
Blue Water Development Corporation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and is committed to making employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State, and local laws providing for equal employment opportunities and all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
Report this job