The Laundry Worker is required to operate laundry equipment related to the finishing of flatwork, and tumble-dried goods. The Laundry Worker cleans and maintains assigned area(s) to meet customer and client satisfaction. Additionally, the Laundry Worker is required to fold, maintain, and provide cleaned linen to the operations.
• Receives and sorts, soiled linen into designated classifications.
• Operates automatic cart washer, as required. Removes linen carts from cart washer exit.
• Operates flatwork ironer, small piece folders and fold linen following predetermined standards. Processes specialty items.
• Responsible for quality control.
• Ensure linens meet the quality expectations designated by specific customers. Any questions or issues should be referred to the lead or supervisor.
• Identifies each linen distribution cart with proper labels and tags, covering all linen carts prior to transport.
• Fold and store linen to maintain cleanliness standards.
• Assists truck driver to load the linen and/or materials on the truck.
• Inform the lead or supervisor on par level or quantity of supplies.
• Responsible for cleanliness, organization, and maintenance of work area.
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Previous experience in a high production laundry is preferred.
• Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Must possess strong attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize work.
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
POTENTIAL EXPOSURES: Infectious Disease, Electrical Equipment, Burns, Blood Contact, Heat and Humidity, Mechanical Equipment, Sharps.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter . no requirements Employment Type: OTHER