Systems Engineer Technical Specialist Peraton | home, Virginia 24001 Unspecified Dept of Homeland Security Unspecified IT - Software IT - Software Responsibilities
This position will provide support for the customer's Unix/Linux environment.
Role & Responsibilities
• Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers using the UNIX/Solaris operating system
• Participate in incident management activities for UNIX
• Configuring and maintain successful backups for UNIX
• Participate in defining UNIX and Linux hardware and software requirements, acquisition, installation, and configuration
• Participate in the documentation of activities, system changes, procedures, policies, and standards for the UNIX architecture
• Setting up and maintaining UNIX user accounts and access management systems
• Manage installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and provide configuration and enhancements in support of the OS environments
• Involved in implementation of security measures on UNIX servers
• Provide technical expertise, respond to taskings, etc.
• Work closely with IT operation delivery teams, project managers, solution engineers and government counterparts to ensure approved scheduled maintenance is completed
• Interact with the customer on an as needed basis regarding UNIX/Solaris
• Communicate status of ongoing work and any issues that arise to management in a timely manner
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain an entry on duty security clearance
• 10+ years' experience in IT infrastructure
• Strong understanding of change, release, and configuration management, and their interaction
• Knowledge of Client business environment and requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and use of judgment
• Ability to work effectively in a distributed work environment/self-starter
BS 10-12, MS 8-10, Phd 5-7 or equivalent experience
Ability to obtain DHS EOD
• Eligible for an Entry on Duty or Public Trust Clearance
• Knowledge of BMC Remedy
• Experience with the UNIX operating System Solaris
• Experience with storage systems associated with the UNIX operating system
• Experience with the Linux Operating System, Red Hat Linux
• Knowledge of security fundamentals
• Knowledge of networking fundamentals
• Knowledge of cloud operations
• Possess an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations 4 certification or the ability to obtain within one month
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary Minimum: $72,500
Salary Mid: $145,000
Salary Maximum: $181,300
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.