How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Flex/PRN- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital. Mostly Acute Care coverage
Confirms and interprets physician referrals, performs patient assessments, plans and implements individualized treatment programs taking into account the patient’s developmental and/or chronological age and medical diagnoses in accordance with the regulations governing the principles and practice of Speech-Language Pathology.
• Provides patient care based upon physician referral and age-appropriate assessment taking into consideration the patient’s developmental/chronological age and medical diagnoses when planning/implementing treatment programs designed to achieve goals set in conjunction with the patient and/or family member.
• Coordinates patient care and clinical activities through written and/or verbal communication with patients, families, therapists, Clinical Team Leaders, managers, physicians, and other members of the health care team.
• Documents, in the patient’s medical record, and completes other patient care-related forms in compliance with regulatory agencies and department/hospital policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with other clinical staff, support staff, volunteers and students to achieve efficient clinical activity and quality patient care.
• Participates in other patient care and departmental/professional activities as requested/assigned including but not limited to presenting/attending in-services, performance improvement, program development/evaluation, new employee orientation, committee membership, peer review and attending staff meetings.
What We Require:
Education: Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program.
Experience: Experience in site specific level of care preferred but not required. For Home Health positions one year of clinical experience required.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or eligible to complete clinical fellowship year (CFY); Licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Life Support: AHA BLS-certified (from a Carilion approved program) within six months of employment.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 138880
Employment Status: Flex
Location: CFMH - Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Work day shift during week. Focus in acute care.
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.