Science Teacher: Jan 2023
Franklin County Schools Rocky Mount, VA (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A STATE AND NATIONAL CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK AND A CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT (CAN) CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Position Title: CLASSROOM TEACHER
Responsible To: Principal
Basic Function: Fulfills the requirements of punctuality, reliability, and responsibility.
1. Has a prepared lesson plan that is sufficient for instructing the lesson.
2. Exercises proper care of materials and equipment.
3. Communicates needs of the classroom to the proper personnel.
4. Arrives for work at the assigned hour and does not leave before the assigned time.
5. Communicates appropriately and effectively with other staff members, parents, students, and with administration.
6. Accepts assistance, advice, and guidance from people responsible for supervising his/her performance, and makes a concerted effort toward improving or refining skills.
7. Shares ideas, plans, materials, and facilities.
8. Alert to the district's, school's, and his/her own goals and priorities and seeks professional development appropriate to these needs.
9. Keeps in confidence information that has been obtained in the course of professional service, unless disclosure serves professional purpose or is required by law.
10. The teacher, in his/her association with others, respects the rights, feelings, and differences among individuals, and communicates directly with the person(s) involved in any situation.
11. While exercising his/her contractual responsibilities, complies with those state and local restrictions pertaining to the use of controlled substances, tobacco products, alcohol, and dress.
12. Does not verbally or physically harass students.
13. Does not use profanity in the presence of students.
14. Does not have any sexual contact with students.
Standards - Employs classroom management techniques that result in an atmosphere for teaching/learning in which students can know what they are expected to do.
A. Classroom Management
1. The teacher begins the class promptly.
2. The teacher communicates to students those behaviors expected of them, or there is evidence that expected behaviors have been communicated.
3. Student exhibit classroom behaviors, which allow for maximum on-task behavior from all participants in the lesson.
4. Inappropriate behaviors receive immediate and appropriate teacher intervention.
1. The teacher chooses appropriate materials and/or equipment for teaching a lesson.
2. The teacher handles efficiently the materials and/or equipment in the classroom setting.
Planning for Instruction - Plan effectively with respect to establishing teaching strategies, which allow the attainment, by the students, of the lesson's behavioral objective.
• The teacher utilizes a clinical approach to teaching. (Adequate diagnosis and prescription of evidence by students' learning.)
• The teacher uses Diagnostic Lesson Plan Format, Instructional Lesson Plan Format, or Review Lesson Plan Format, as appropriate.
• The behavioral objective for the lesson is appropriate for the learners.
Teaching the Lesson - Recognizes student differences in needs, abilities, and interests and imparts instruction so that these differences are met.
• Tells the student exactly what is to be learned in the lesson.
• Tells the student the purpose of the learning and makes it meaningful to their lives.
• Relates the learning from the lesson being taught to previous learnings and verbalizes transfer for the students.
• Students are told how they will be accountable for demonstrating proficiency in the learning.
• Gives students information about the learning.
• Demonstrates sound, up-to-date knowledge of the subject matter being taught.
• Checks periodically throughout the lesson for the students' understanding of the objective.
• Provides practice experiences for the students of the appropriate number and variety to insure mastery of the objective.
• Carefully monitors the guided practice for experience to insure that students get immediate feedback as to the correctness of their performance.
• Demonstrates knowledge of reinforcement theory throughout the lesson.
• Each aspect of the lesson gives evidence of the teacher's attention to maintaining a classroom climate conducive to learning (Feeling Tone).
• The activities of the lesson demonstrate the teacher's desire to include the interests of the students in the classroom.
• Encourages, praises, and/or acknowledges student effort appropriately.
• Manages instruction in such a way that each student shows some measure of success.
• There is evidence that practice is scheduled in such a manner as to guarantee retention of learnings.
• Gives students the opportunity to verbalize the critical attribute(s) of the learning before leaving the lesson.
• Collects data from the lesson that enables him/her to evaluate each student's performance, and assists in planning tomorrow's lesson.
Minimum Qualifications: • Approved Certification with State of Kentucky.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the board of education.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of board policy for Professional Personnel.
• Clinical Works
• Profanity (Software)
• Professional Development
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: g352t4v
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.