Our client, a leading flexible packaging company, is seeking an Forklift Mechanic to join their growing team at their Rocky Mount, VA facility. The Forklift Mechanic is responsible for for providing the necessary services to repair and maintain the material movement equipment so that the site is able to meet goals and objectives of the organization safely and efficiently.
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair lift trucks and other equipment as identified.
- Thoroughly document and assess the condition of the product related to other repairs that are not part of the repair or work order.
- Reads job order, observes, and listens to vehicle/forklift in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.
- Change and/or recharges batteries, replaces transmissions and other parts as needed.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices on vehicles and make adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to read and understand work orders, basic math calculations
- Three years related experience in industrial powered equipment, automotive or heavy truck field preferred and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fork truck, lift truck, license or certifications
- Solid working knowledge of mechanics, tools, safety and maintenance procedures
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook email and calendar). Maintenance work order tracking system a plus
Report this job