JOB TITLE: High School Teacher
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: High School Principal
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under direction of the school principal, plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students. Creates an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings. Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and community stakeholders. Designs student assessments, monitors and evaluates student outcomes, and analyzes assessment data. Develops, selects, and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.1
• Using research-based instructional strategies, instructs students by lecturing, demonstrating, and using appropriate instructional technology and other materials to supplement presentations.
• Designs engaging and rigorous instructional experiences following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
• Delivers instruction and provides growth-producing feedback.
• Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
• Assigns lessons and provides feedback on formative assessments.
• Administers assessments and records results to determine student progress. Shares results with students and parents to determine next steps in instruction .
• Maintains attendance and grade records.
• Maintains a positive classroom environment through the use of effective classroom management techniques.
• Communicates effectively with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
• Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
• Performs related duties such as sponsoring one or more activities or student organizations, assisting pupils in selecting courses of study, and counseling students in adjustment and academic problems.
• Complies with school and school board policies and regulations.
• Demonstrates professional growth.
• Completes required records and reports promptly and accurately
• Uses instructional and planning time effectively.
• Assumes responsibility for the care of materials, equipment, and facilities.
• Assumes responsibility for a neat, safe environment for students committed to his/her care.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the subject being taught.
• Uses out-of-class assignments, when appropriate, to support the instructional objectives.
• Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university. Must have or be eligible for an appropriate teaching license from the Virginia Department of Education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is light work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects, and some light work requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Work requires reaching, pushing, and pulling, use of hands to grasp, handle or feel, fine manipulation, and repetitive motions. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of office equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities. The worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required to employees to this job.
Position will be posted until filled.
HENRY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Due to limited funds, Henry County Public Schools is unable to sponsor Visas.
Primary Location Bassett High School Salary Range $45,537.00 - $63,306.00 / Per Year Shift Type Full-Time