Address 8438 N ARMENIA AVE
Job Location US-FL-TAMPA
Store Location 0639
Requisition ID 2023-121289
Position Type Hourly Associate
Banner Winn-Dixie Retail Stores
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
Haga clic aquí para aplicar en español https://spanish-segrocers.icims.com/jobs/121289/job
Southeastern Grocers is committed to a culture of belonging and fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate differences. As a great place to work , we empower everyone to be their full, authentic selves. Read our Belonging, Inclusion and Diversity Statement here .
The Self-Checkout Associate, is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by ensuring an accurate, fast and courteous customer experience in the self-checkout lanes. This position will be required to observe multiple self-checkout registers while providing customer assistance and ensuring proper checkout procedures.
% Of Time
Provide outstanding service in the Self-Checkout lanes according to SEG service standards:
· Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers with a friendly smile in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Actively engage and direct customers to utilize self-checkout lanes.
· Monitor regular lanes for excessive traffic and invite waiting customers to use the self-checkout.
· Inform customers of specials and promotions as requested by company or store management.
· Listen to and appropriately escalate customer concerns to management with a positive attitude.
· Assist in training new cashier Associates.
Oversee Inventory Management and Security in self-checkout lanes:
· Properly record sales through the scanning system; operate cashiering equipment accurately and efficiently recognizing all forms of tender and providing the correct change when appropriate.
· Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement, or any action is illegal and/or against company policy.
Keep work area clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards:
· Stock front end products; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
· Return carts to shopping cart corral.
· Report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Course of Study
Course of Study
High School / GED
0 -3 yrs minimum
No Supervisory Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
• Must be at least 16 years of age to perform job functions.
• Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
• Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• High standard of integrity and reliability.
• Basic computer skills required to participate in online training.
• Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Retail - General Light: Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk on various types of flooring, utilize manual dexterity, talk, see, hear, smell and perform repetitive movements with both hands and/or both feet. The employee is frequently required to reach at waist level or overhead, carry, push, or lift up tp the weights listed. The employee is occasionally required to sit, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb up to 4 ft. Working Conditions: While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee may be exposed to working in indoor, outdoor, cold, freezing, heated, and wet/humid working conditions. Safety Risk Factors: The employee is frequently required to twist back and/or neck, walk on a slippery or cluttered floor surface, work with hazardous equipment and be exposed to sharp objects. The employee is occasionally required to be exposed to loud noise, skin irritants, nuisance dust, fumes and sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions and other toxins. Overall Required Equipment: cleaning supplies and equipment, general office equipment, register, pricing gun, scales, scanner, various material handling equipment, such as racks, carts, pallet jacks, shopping carts Preferred Equipment: baler/compactor, box cutter Personal Protective Equipment: Goggles, Gloves, Back Brace Pulling Requirement: 250 lbs. Lifting Requirement: 20 lbs.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Please click on the Attachments heading below for more information
E-Verify Participation Poster - English
E-Verify Participation Poster - Spanish
Office of Special Counsel Right to Work Poster - English
Office of Special Counsel Right to Work Poster - Spanish
The links below allow access to machine-readable files (MFR) that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and include negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and health care providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators and application developers to access and analyze data more easily.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida MRF Link
Surgery Plus MRF Link
BCBS of Florida No Surprise Act Notice
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS