Application Writer & Community Engagement Specialist- Tax Credits and Incentives Programs
Cherry Bekaert LLP Owensboro, KY (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
Application Writer - Tax Credits and Incentive Programs
Cherry Bekaert’s Tax Advantage Group (TAG) is seeking an Application Writer and Community Engagement Specialist with a background in the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) or similar program area. We offer an opportunity to work with a team of experts with a deep track record in NMTC allocation applications, tax credit placement and deployment, and tax credit compliance and asset management services. The Application Writer will manage the process for writing NMTC Allocation Applications for the portfolio of client community development entities (CDEs) and manage the grant writing and applications process for clients seeking funding from other tax credit and funding programs.
The employee will also work with CDEs on strategic plans, including product offerings, measurement of impacts and other considerations that affect likelihood of success. The successful candidate will have a strategic mindset, strong attention to detail and commitment to deadlines and a mission to help make a difference in low-income communities.
About TAG: TAG has been involved in the NMTC industry since its inception and to date has secured over $1.7 billion in NMTC funding. TAG is proud to have structured and facilitated NMTC investments that have created 14,530 direct jobs, served 489,860 clients through nonprofit investments, and helped create over 7.1 million square feet of new and improved commercial and industrial real estate. TAG’s current portfolio consists of investments in areas with poverty rates as high as 66%, median family income as low as 14.24%, and unemployment rates as high as 31.2%.
Location: Flexible; depends on candidate and market.
Primary Job Duties Responsibilities:
Application and Grant Writing
• Oversee and Manage NMTC Allocation Application process for CDEs, including
• Drafting, reviewing and preparing NMTC Allocation Applications and supporting documents for strategic and technical opportunities
• Writing compelling business strategy, community outcomes and other narratives to maximize scoring and increase likelihood of successful outcomes
• Collaborating with clients to identify and source appropriate NMTC pipeline opportunities to suit unique CDE needs (considering geography, project type, community impacts, etc.)
• Synthesizing and incorporating industry terms, trends and data to support business strategies, community outcomes and compelling applications that translate to smooth financial closings
• Identify and manage other grant and application writing opportunities to ensure quality and timely submissions as well as strategic alignment
• Collaborate with deal team participants (investors, borrowers, supporters and stakeholders) to secure commitments, evidence of support and/or letters of interest as required for submission of various funding applications and/or financial closings
• Design and compose project proposals and summaries for investment opportunities in a clear, compelling, and concise manner
• Other job-related functions as assigned
• Travel: 10-15%
Successful Candidates Will Demonstrate/Posses:
• 3-5 years of professional/industry experience in grant writing, community development finance, tax credit finance or CDE/CDFI Lending
• Strong written communication skills
• Knowledge of finance, data and/or reporting, with specific experience with CDFI Fund’s AMIS reporting preferred
• Tax Credit Industry knowledge will be helpful
• Passion for community investment and revitalization that will spark transformation, inclusion, and social justice
• Ability to be flexible and work under fixed timeframes to meet deadlines
• Experience in working with borrowers, lenders, investors and stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively on different phases of projects
• Capable of prioritizing workflow and managing compliance and reporting obligations
• Proficiency in Word and Excel
• BA in English, Journalism, Finance, Planning or related field preferred
What you can expect from us:
• Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence and mutual respect
• Collaborative environment focused on career and leadership development
• Big firm resources and bench strength; small firm flexibility and openness to new ideas
• Collaboration across service lines and offices
Our mission is to make a difference for our people and our clients. If these values align with yours, we’d like to hear from you.
No agencies please
• Leadership Ethics
• Microsoft Outlook
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: fy1wyal
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.