Unit Secretary - PRN
Job ID 231999
Experience (Years) 3
Category Clinical - Unit Secretary
Street Address 1650 W. College Street
Company Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Position Type Per Diem
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
PRN "As Needed"
8am - 8:30pm
Select Medical complies with state and federal wage and hour laws. PRN Rate: $20.00/hr.
Benefits of becoming a Unit Secretar with us:
• Flexible scheduling
• Team-oriented and collaborative culture
• A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
Performs clerical functions of the nursing unit, including communication, record keeping, logs, and patient information. Notifies the nursing staff and/or charge nurse in a timely manner of pertinent patient information, including physician orders, laboratory or test results, and communication from other departments.
• Acts as a receptionist for the nursing unit, answers telephone calls, patient call bells, and greets and assists visitors, consultants and staff.
• Cross trains for front desk receptionist duties as applicable.
• Notifies other departments as well as medical staff and consulting medical staff of new orders or requests for services according to established processes.
• Arranges appointments for patients under the direction of the nurse.
Reviews patient’s consultation requests and makes appropriate arrangements.
• Maintains supplies in support of the nursing unit including secretarial supplies and forms as well as equipment rentals or other special purchases in collaboration with the nursing supervisor, Nurse Manager or the CNO.
• Assists with patient call lights, patient transportation, and patient care needs when needed and in accordance with their training and skill.
Makes copies and performs any clerical support activities to assure efficiency and provide support to the clinical staff.
Cross-trained and serves as a backup for Staffing Coordinator when needed.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• A minimum of 1 year clerical experience preferred in a medical setting required
• Proficient computer skills required
• High School Graduate or equivalent preferred
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
• Brain Injury
• Spinal Cord Injury
• Neurological Disorders
• Orthopedic Conditions
• Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law .
Apply for this job Apply
Share this job Refer
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS