Instructional Assistant I - Teacher Aide
Daviess County School District
Owensboro, KY 42301
Indeed's salary guide • Not provided by employer
• $21.1K - $26.8K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for this role in Owensboro, KY.
Full Job Description
Job Class Description: INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT I/III
Class Code: 7320/7317
Job Title: INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT I/III
Supervisory Responsibilities: NONE
Position Type: CLASSIFIED
FLSA Classification: NON-EXEMPT
Reports To: SUPERVISING TEACHER & PRINCIPAL
Location: VARIES BASED ON ASSIGNMENT
Commensurate with salary range on the DCPS Salary Schedule for class code 7320/7317
Hours Per Day: Varies based on assignment
Contracted Days: Varies based on assignment
• High School Diploma or G.E.D & pass state approved test, OR
• Associates Degree, OR
• Minimum of 48 college credit hours
• Basic computer skills including use of mouse and keyboard to navigate computer, e-mail, and websites
• Classroom management techniques
• Documentation and record-keeping techniques
• Communication skills
• Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities
Assist certified teacher in providing instruction and/or supervision to individual students or students in small groups, monitor student progress, and generally help students be successful.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work effectively with individual students and/or small groups of students on assigned materials and reinforcing concepts taught by certified teacher(s).
• Effectively communicate assignments and instructions to students.
• Follow all safety and emergency procedures established by the district and/or school.
• Assist certified teacher with classroom management and student conduct.
• Must use sound judgement and reasoning to adapt as necessary in the absence of the regular instructional assistant and seek guidance from supervising teacher or administrator when appropriate
• Maintain the cleanliness of the classroom
• Protect confidential information of students and fellow staff members.
• Assure compliance with federal, state and district policy, administrative procedures and all other procedures/policies applicable to assignment.
• Prioritize, plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with tact and patience.
• Follow proper reporting procedures for all matters including but not limited to behavioral issues, bullying, suspected child abuse or neglect, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Location, duties, responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of the district.
Successful completion of post-offer, pre-employment screenings are required as a contingency of employment.
Contracts are with the district of Daviess County Public Schools-not with individual locations. Location assignments are subject to change.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Support employee with year-to-year contract
2. Participates in Kentucky Retirement System (KRS)
Hiring Insights Job activity • Posted 30+ days ago