Banking Center Manager
Owensboro, KY 42301
Read what people are saying about working here.
Pulled from the full job description
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Show 7 more benefits
Limestone Bank provides commercial, equine, agricultural and personal banking solutions for individuals in urban and rural areas throughout Kentucky. With more than 110 years of building relationships across the Commonwealth, Limestone Bank strives to serve as the bedrock for our customers’ financial futures while investing in our communities to help them thrive.
Limestone Bank has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky 8 times, including 2022! We are committed to our employees and the communities in which we serve. Continual investment in our people is one of our top priorities. We believe that the people and culture of Limestone Bank, along with our products and services, are what contribute to the success of our bank.
The Bank Banking Center Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, including operations, product sales, customer service, security and safety in accordance with the Bank’s objectives. The Banking Center Manager serves as a leader to his or her team of employees. In addition, they are responsible for loan and deposit growth by promoting our lending services and additional bank products to the community and help to identify and serve the community’s financial needs through counseling, seminars and sales meetings, and by participating in and promoting the Bank’s community activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for building and maintaining a retail sales and service culture in the Branch and demonstrating sales leadership in all sales activities in the Branch. Accountable for development and implementation of Branch / Market sales plan.
• Manages the sales process for the Branch / Market. Reinforces goals, creates sales plans, provides coaching and feedback, encourages and reinforces all sales behaviors taught in sales training, monitors results, provides and / or makes recommendations to Market President and Senior Management in reference to rewards and recognition.
• Assists customers with their banking needs and reinforces the sales process when opening accounts and cross-selling bank products and services.
• Monitors customer service levels, responds to customer issues and ensures staff is meeting bank-wide standards and goals.
• Communicates with customers and resolves more complex problems, issues and complaints.
• Ensures Branch’s compliance to operational, internal audit, and security policies and procedures.
• Ensures the Branch is operating in compliance within which employees perform individually and collectively to achieve overall Branch goals.
• Demonstrates leadership, and sets a positive example, in fostering teamwork, motivating staff, staff communications and employee development.
• Coaches and trains staff on how to provide a superior customer experience. Provides updates to staff on measurable customer experience data to meet the highest standards.
• Supervise, manage and actively participate in consultation with Chief Operations Officer and Customer Service Manager in all duties related to, but not limited to branch cash and transaction procedure audits, CSR shortage and overage, training, development, any and all required monitoring and reporting.
• Responsible for overall branch operations in regards, but not limited to, policies and procedures
• Responsible for identifying and recommending proper personnel staffing of the Branch to upper management and / or Community Market President. Also responsible for goal setting, performance reviews and rating, salary reviews, recognition of employee accomplishments, full-time / part-time staffing ratios, disciplinary action, training, recommendations to management for hiring of new employees.
• Responsible to consult with Human Resources Director and/ or Community Market President concerning any issue that may potentially result in termination of an employee due to violation of bank policy, procedure and / or unacceptable performance and / or any illegal or inappropriate behavior and / or inappropriate action toward another employee or customer of the Bank.
• Responsible to conduct weekly Huddles with Branch Personnel to acknowledge individual and team success, set the expectation (GOALS – Month & Week), ask for commitment and verbalize appreciation.
• Conduct One 2 One’s with individual personnel to discuss individual goals and plans of action. Conduct a wrap up session to coach for more or celebrate success.
• May participate in annual budget preparation for the Branch. Manages costs and staffing levels within approved guidelines. Makes decisions to enhance bank performance and profitability.
• Represents the Bank in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
• Participates in Bank sponsored activities, projects and training.
• Participates in Retail committees and initiatives.
• May perform all duties of a Customer Service Representative, including but not limited to, operating a teller cash drawer, processing teller transactions and ensuring superior quality service to our customers.
• May perform all duties of a Personal Banker, including but not limited to, opening new accounts and the presentation and sale of bank products and services.
• May be required to perform other Branch positions at any time.
• Manages and communicates promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
• May oversee the general maintenance of the facility. Reports equipment and building status; may make recommendations for building improvements. Responsible to maintain a neat and professional atmosphere at all times.
• Responsible for developing, acquiring and maintaining a consumer/small business loan portfolio including originating loans, underwriting, determining (DTI) Debt to Income ratios, (DSC) Debit Service Coverage, completing and writing credit summaries for both new loan request and loan renewals while adhering to the requirements and guidelines of Limestone Bank’s Loan Policy.
• Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of lending and underwriting with respect to consumer lending, real estate secure lending and/or other forms of small business lending options.
• Responsible for completing and presenting loan request to the appropriate loan committee(s); relating to loan reviews, annual renewals, revisions, and or approvals for all request beyond your approved lending authority.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage a loan portfolio, including but not limited to, collections, renewals, revisions, and monitoring past due accounts in a professional manner.
• Possess prior experience in a consumer and/or small business lending environment including consumer loan request, home equity loans, vehicle secured loans and small business type loans.
• Serve as the branch and market contact for various residential mortgage loan products for portfolio loans.
• Accountable to remain knowledgeable about the communities served.
• Accountable to administer the lending and management function in a professional manner upholding the high quality standards of Limestone Bank.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in lending.
• Minimum 3 years of extensive experience in sales and managing a significant deposit and customer base.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or management preferred.
• NMLS registration required*
• Strong managerial and leadership skills are required to motivate and develop a team.
• Demonstrated sales, business development and relationship management experience.
• Knowledge of the overall business marketplace with a history of successful community involvement.
• Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of financial industry core processing systems.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule. Work schedule may be adjusted from time to time to accommodate needed coverage due to vacations, holidays, staff shortages and illness.
• Proven excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
• Proven ability to handle multiple priorities under time constraints.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Solid problem solving, conflict resolution and team building skills.
• Knowledge of regulation, documentation, policies and procedures relating to lending.
• Underwriting knowledge, from origination to loan closing.
• Strong consultative sales skills. Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
• Detail-oriented and well-organized.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and produce results.
• Ability to handle frequent changes.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the institution’s privacy policies.
• High level of integrity.
• Honesty & Integrity: Commitment to honesty and integrity.
• Positivity: Commitment to have a positive and constructive attitude.
• Professionalism: Commitment to conduct oneself in a professional manner.
• Success: Commitment to success and to celebrate our successes.
• Team Player: Commitment to be a team player.
We greatly value our employees because we know that the future of Limestone Bank rests in their hands. We offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for professional development and advancement. Our competitive benefits package is designed to give you the power to choose the type and level of coverage that meets your needs. Limestone Bank is pleased to offer its full-time associates a range of benefits such as:
• Medical Coverage
• Dental Coverage
• Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Long-Term Disability
• Cancer Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• Critical Care Insurance
• Health Savings Accounts
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• 401K Plan
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Parental Leave
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement
Limestone Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check, Credit Check
Thank you for your interest in joining our dedicated team!
Hiring Insights Job activity • Posted 1 day ago