Night Shift Nursing Supervisor (SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE)
Twin Rivers Nursing & Rehabilitation Owensboro, KY (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
Twin Rivers Nursing & Rehabilitation -
Night Shift Supervisor RN or LPN.
Same day pay available
• Vacation, Sick time
• Health, Dental, Vision
• 401 k
POSITION PURPOSE: Supervise dedicated RNs, LPNs and CNAs, providing them support in order that they may provide total nursing care for residents. Working with physicians, obtaining and implementing orders for medications, treatments and special tests, maintaining accurate records of treatments. Assumes responsibilities delegated by the Director of Nursing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
• Supervise nursing units including scheduling and directing nursing staff.
• Contact physicians as necessary and ensure physician interventions are timely and appropriate; ensure appropriate documentation of resident care.
• Review staffing patterns and census of nursing units; reassign personnel when necessary to ensure resident needs and budgetary controls are met.
• Investigate complaints and take necessary action to resolve problems.
• Assumes responsibility for compliance with Federal, State, Local and company regulations.
• Charts progress notes in an informative, factual manner that reflects the care administered as well as the resident's response to care.
• Follows established procedures for charting and reporting all reports of incident/accidents for residents and employees.
• Utilize the nursing process to assess resident care plans, implement interventions, and evaluate outcomes related to nursing care.
• Conducts frequent rounds to evaluate effectiveness of care delivery. Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident.
• Observes resident, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of resident's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
• Responds to emergency situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures and protocol.
• Assists or institute emergency measures for sudden adverse developments.
• Assists in completion of the care plans (acute and long term) and is involved in the care conference as deemed necessary.
• Participates, reports to DON/Administrator and conducts (as appropriate) investigations related to any alleged abuse.
• Ensures that the progress notes are reflective of the care plan and that the approaches on the care plan are being followed.
• Assures that the team is aware of the resident care plan and ensure personnel refer to the care plan prior to administering care.
• Initiate and lead team conferences to develop individualized nursing care plan; assess and document resident's condition and nursing needs; assign team members who have the capabilities and qualifications to meet resident's needs.
• Report and record observations and reactions regarding residents.
• Monitors documentation is completed daily.
• Provides nursing care on shift when needed.
• Assists in solving nursing service problems.
• Assists in implementing company forms/systems and policies and procedures.
• Assists in validating accuracy of Care Plans.
• Participates in facility quality improvement program.
• Supervises and evaluates implementation of the Residents Rights.
• As requested, assists with DON responsibilities.
• Participates and attends periodic in-services and staff meetings
• Responsible for all other nursing duties as required or assigned.
Two (2) years previous nursing experience preferred, experience working with a geriatric long term care population. Current State Registered Nurse License or current Licensed Practical Nurse License in good standing in state registry is required. Must be skilled in directing, motivating and training staff and able to work as a member of a team; able to communicate effectively with residents, family members and all levels of the organization and maintain confidentiality.
• Electronic Medical Record
• Utilize Nursing Process
• Assign Nursing Staff
• Coordinate Nursing Unit
• Provide Clinical Supervision
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: MjM2Nzo4MzA4NTU
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.