Pay Type Salaried State: KY City: Louisville Area of Interest: Information Technology Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Requisition Number 1936 Job Title Senior Developer - Ignition Job Description
Swedish Match North America LLC, develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market leading brands such as ZYN nicotine pouches and other smokeless tobacco products. Our vision is “ A world without cigarettes ,” and our mission is to provide adult consumers with alternatives that are enjoyable, but have a lower risk than smoking. We are one of the fastest growing consumer-packaged goods (CPG) producers and ZYN is the number one selling nicotine pouch in the US. In order to continually promote and create innovative products that support our vision we are currently seeking a Senior Developer - Ignition at the Owensboro, KY location.
The purpose of the Senior Developer role is to independently perform technical design, coding and configuration as well as unit testing during solution development and enhancement to implement solutions which fulfill agreed requirements, and as part of solution maintenance to uphold agreed functionality, high availability, adequate performance and adequate usability.
• Create technical and functional design specifications
• Develop well designed, robust, performance optimized, commented, testable and efficient coding and configuration of solutions to meet functional, non-functional as well as technical design specifications, includes testing.
• Document design, code, configuration and test procedures
• Create and deploy build packages
• Maintain solutions and support users according to agreed service levels
• Continuously acquire the skills required to develop and configure the services and components within the scope of responsibilities
• Manage projects and activities including define and execute project/activity scope, time, plan and budget
• Maintain a high proficiency in business process support, functionality and features of a particular application, including deep specialization in one of more specific functional areas within the Ignition SCADA platform from Inductive Automation.
• Work collaboratively with our manufacturing teams and will be challenged to come up with innovative and long-lasting solutions.
• Build out Ignition as a MES solution.
• Integrate the platform with plant systems.
• Develop and configure interfaces with third-party software tools such as OPC servers
• Provide detailed documentation to clients on system design and programming.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in technology such as Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical concentration. Equivalent training/experience would also be considered.
Experience: Minimum five years' experience in a manufacturing environment working with SCADA or MES applications with at least two years focused on Ignition development. At least ten years' work experience.
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, paid bonding leave, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), profit sharing, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays...and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet