Bedford area- This position requires two days a week and one weekend per month. Occasional holiday.
As part of the health care team, assumes primary accountability for nursing coordination and provision of individualized care for patients of all ages. Utilizes delegation and critical thinking skills to provide quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach to patient care.
• Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to service area.
• Age specific admission and ongoing assessments are completed, documented and used to develop a plan of care.
• Collaborates with members of the health care team/patient/family to develop, implement, and evaluate an age-specific interdisciplinary plan of care. Revises plan according to changes in patient status.
• Treatments and medications for patients of all ages are accurately administered and documented utilizing automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
• Patient/family (caregiver) educational needs are identified in a timely manner, incorporated into the plan of care, implemented and documented appropriately.
• Contributes to Carilion Clinic’s performance improvement activities.
• Consistently demonstrates the role of patient advocate, protector of patient’s rights, and provider of psychological/social/cultural support.
• Applies knowledge of growth and development to appropriately care for patients served.
• Determines and performs within clinical, leadership, and/or education pathways to support (direct/indirect) evidenced based, quality patient care service and performance improvement.
• Exhibits clinical expertise in rapidly changing circumstances.
• Plans strategies to reduce length of stay, turn around time, resource consumption and improve patient outcomes.
• Functions as role model for clinical practice to coworker, students, and physicians.
• Manages resources, establishes priorities, and modifies environment to meet patient care needs.
• Completes manager/director predetermined projects within specified time frame and according to preestablished guidelines.
• Uses problem-solving methods to facilitate resolution to patient and personnel situations that present in the work area.
• Takes an active role in the orientation of new employees.
• Provides feedback to staff using appropriate communication and documentation.
• Provides input into practice, environment, and work issues by participating on unit, hospital, and/or organization activities which facilitates staff participation/input in decision making.
• Assists with providing education activities for unit/department.
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing.
Experience: One (1) year experience in hospice, home health, oncology, or medical surgical nursing required.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. For Home Health, must have valid Virginia Drivers License and pass a Criminal Record Check as per Virginia state law. Must obtain /maintain AHA BLS-HCP.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must successfully complete orientation and competency requirements. Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Must be able to meet essential job functions.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 137559
Employment Status: Flex
Location: Carilion Clinic Home Care - Bedford
Shift Details: 8am-4:30pm. Two days a week and one weekend per month. Occasional holiday.
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.