ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with a comprehensive product offering. We provide creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We continue to grow and would love for you to join our team!
At ProAmpac, our culture is key to our long-term success. We strive to be authentic as we live out the heritage of our small business culture. We value the connections we’ve created, and our employees feel empowered in their shared efforts to innovate successfully. ProAmpac was founded on the idea that a focus on material science will drive innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers, supported by our five core values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement, and Impact – that foster a culture of speed, simplicity, and self-confidence.
Our company is made stronger by challenging ourselves and each other, while we move what matters forward. With a focus on performance and a passion for our work, we are not bound by organizational hierarchy. We are committed to serving our customers and the communities in which we work and live.
By joining us, you become an integral part of an entrepreneurial company in a fast-paced, exciting environment that provides varied opportunities for professional and personal growth . We are seeking a proactive, values driven EHS professional to join our team in Rocky Mount, VA.
ProAmpac is building a wellness culture through its PRO360 initiative: An interactive, fully integrated wellbeing program designed to engage, encourage, and reward all team members on their personal pathway to better health, wealth, growth, and community involvement. Our goal is to ensure 100% of team members achieve a basic level of wellness. Additionally, subject to applicable eligibility requirements, we offer full-time employees a variety of benefits including:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• 401(K) with exceptional company match
• Generous paid time off (PTO), plus 11 holidays per calendar year
• Free life and short-term disability insurance
• Wellness, employee discount and rewards programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• $50,000-$65,000 annual wages based on experience & are negotiable
• Flex schedule Mon-Fri
• Day shift start 5am or Night shift start 3pm
Major Job Function:
• Assists EHS Manager with planning, directing and implementation of a “world class” safety culture to ensure compliance with all state, federal and local governmental EHS regulations by performing the following duties in support of the Wrightstown facility.
• Assist in accident investigations and ensures opportunities for improvement are completed in a timely manner.
• Plans and implements safety and environmental policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations. This includes written programs, recordkeeping, reports, inspections, monitoring, testing, and training. Employee also remains current in changing EHS regulations.
• Directs, develops and delivers safety, health and environmental training programs to ensure employees’ knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety and environmental regulations pertaining to all ProAmpac facilities.
• Participates in planning and implementation of programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, including but not limited to fire prevention, correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials, blood borne pathogens, hazardous communication, lockout/tagout and emergency action plans.
• Conducts monthly EHS recordkeeping and inspections as needed to assure compliance with applicable permits, regulations, and requirements.
• Assists with management of EHS programs, including cost control/reduction and accident prevention/ reduction, safety behavior audit and risk assessment programs.
• Serves as back up to EHS Manager for workers compensation cases to ensure reasonable return to work and cost containment.
• Coordinates safety and ERT committees and required meetings/trainings.
• Conducts safety orientation of new hires, contractors and visitors which includes PIV certification if necessary.
• Analyzes safety history to identify unsafe trends/behaviors and uses information as directed to assist in the develop safety strategies.
Don't let this opportunity pass you by! Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
• Some night shift work is required.
• Bachelor’s degree B.S. or an associated degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school and 3 years of EHS experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Record of safe behaviors and active participation in safety teams or events preferred.
• Ability to achieve certification as Occupational Health and Safety Technician or Certified Hazardous Material Manger within 18 months.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Report this job