Senior Loss Control Consultant
At Alexander & Schmidt, a Senior Loss Control Consultant performs inspections and prepares in-depth reports for insurance underwriting purposes. Insurance companies use the reports to properly insure a commercial building, or business operations, for a new policy or renewal of a current policy.
• A Minimum 10 years’ experience with a major carrier or working as an independent contractor providing loss control services.
• Extensive understanding of commercial property and casualty lines.
• Property assessments will potentially include the necessity to determine adequacy of sprinkler systems based on occupancy, commodities and racking systems.
• Inland Marine coverages will include builders risk, contractor’s equipment, motor truck cargo, WLL and MOLL and other specialty coverage’s.
• Commercial General Liability will include Premises, Operations, Products and Completed Operations.
• Workers Compensation assessments for regulatory compliance and workplace safety.
• Loss analysis involving identification of trends, root cause and appropriate corrective action.
• Specialty fields such as Environmental and Professional Liability
• Risk Improvement services including training, consulting, hazard analysis and regulatory assessments will also be conducted.
• Solid communication skills—including exceptional writing ability, organizational skills, and computer skills
• Excellent Time management skills
• Professional certifications CSP, OHST, ALCM and/or ARM are preferred, but not required.
• Uploading completed reports, photos and diagrams through a special website or complete reports on web based systems
• Travel within a reasonable territory, 50 mile radius
This work will be challenging and covers everything from contractors to real estate to retail to warehouse and distribution to manufacturing.
High-quality, accurate loss control surveys guide the underwriter in the selection of profitable business, and assist the insured in controlling losses through the demonstrated value of the loss control services provided.