Engineering Technician I - UniFirst Owensboro
UniFirst Corporation Owensboro, KY (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
Engineering Technician I – UniFirst Owensboro
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Engineering Technician I Team Partner to join our UniFirst Family. As a Team Partner in the Engineering Department, you will compile and collate production data, primarily on incentive operations. In addition to confirming calculations by comparing final reports against both time collection and operational data collection systems. As well as, maintaining system records by performing assigned duties or assisting other Payroll Staff Members. At UniFirst we have a 5-day work week, enjoy Saturday and Sunday off!! We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
Pay & Benefits:
On the job training & great hourly pay + 401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners receive ongoing cross-training, exposing them to different department areas. Cross training enhances performance and assists with career potential and advancement.
Work Life Balance:
We offer a 40-hour work week. Enjoy weekends off!
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you’ll be doing:
Assists in entering payroll data, in the absence of primary Payroll personnel.
• Assist Facility Manager with ordering needed materials and / or parts on a weekly basis.
• Complete assignments that may require working directly on the production floor to test and evaluate operations and/or equipment as directed.
• Interpret documents such as container labels, SDS, equipment manuals, and various written internal processing documentation.
• Electronically process, verify, and collate incentive production reports for all incentive operations assigned to this facility.
• Responsible for assuring that all data used to calculate incentives is current and accurate.
• Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, and other various reports for both management and incentive operators, under the direction of the Facility Engineer.
• Assists the Facility Engineer in duties up to and including general time-study and method/motion analysis.
• Conducts studies relating to various operations, capacity, equipment, and labor.
• Gain working knowledge of various processing equipment within this facility.
• Assists Supervisory Staff; research and develop new training methods. Assist in the creation of training documentation and/or programs.
• Can recommend or requisition supplies, tools, hardware, or software, following established Sarbanes Oxley Purchasing Guidelines.
• May be assigned various budget activities, including labor calculations and other expense detail, capital investment justification, asset review, and general research regarding capital expenditure requests.
• Must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities.
• Communicates, advises, and makes recommendations to Industrial Engineer or General Managers(s) as needed, to assure compliance to existing policies, including safety regulations and goals.
• May be required to assist Production Supervisors with periodic meetings (if applicable) to include safety related issues or items. Periodic could mean weekly, monthly, bi-monthly quarterly, etc.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Industrial and Operations Engineering, Mathematics, Science, or related Business degree preferred.
• At least 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.
• High aptitude in basic, statistical math and analytical skills.
• Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to read, comprehend and interpret procedures and instructions in English.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers and managers.
• Discreet handling of all business correspondence and processes is required.
• Ability to independently travel when necessary.
• Ability to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to regularly sit, stand, or walk.
• Ability to stand and walk; kneel, bend, or stoop; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 2 billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
• Business Correspondence
• Hardworking And Dedicated
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: fj8g9e8
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.