$13.17 - $16.49 Hourly
New Ulm, MN
Park & Rec
General Description We have a new state of the art Aquatic Center and are looking for responsible individuals who are certified lifeguards and instructors to be a part of the team! Must have current American Red Cross LG certification and/or Water Safety Instructor certification.
We are open 7 days per week. Number of hours depends on availability.
Essential Functions of the Job / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Under the general direction of the Aquatic/Fitness Coordinator, Assistant Park and/or Recreation Director to safely monitor the pool and patrons for safe use and successfully respond to emergency situations in an appropriate manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB • Continuously monitor pool and patrons for safe use, including the locker room and lobby areas.
• Identify hazards to prevent accidents and injuries.
• Inform supervisor and complete necessary paperwork immediately after incident immediately after situation.
• Inform supervisor of any concerns with staff.
• Expected to work posted hours.
• Offer constructive criticism regarding programs.
• Follow, adhere and enforce safety procedures.
• Display a positive, professional image as a lifeguard.
• Be able to assist in the instruction of swimming lessons.
• Light cleaning and custodial duties in pool, locker room and office areas as assigned.
• Maintain proper working relationship with staff and patrons.
• Request supplies and equipment needed for pools.
• Adheres to all safety practices and procedures and attends all training as required.
• Condition of Assignment as Lifeguard I, II or III will be determined by the Supervisor at the time of hire and/or assignment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Ability to respond to emergency situations by performing appropriate rescue and removal from the water.
• Ability to perform basic first aid and CPR/AED as necessary.
• Knowledge of general maintenance and cleaning practices.
• Ability to take pool chemical and equipment readings and accurately enter data in record book.
• Ability to teach swimming skills to youth and adults.
• Ability to work in a safe manner and comply with all safety procedures.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
• Ability to work effectively, efficiently and cooperatively as a member of a team.
Education and Experience Position requires certification of completion in the Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer program, including CPR/AED.
Physical Requirements This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force and occasional exertion of over 100 pounds of force; work occasionally requires standing, walking, sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, using of measuring devices and observing general surroundings and activities; work regularly requires exposure to wet humid conditions (non-weather) and occasionally requires exposure to fumes or airborne particles, exposure to extreme heat (non-weather) and exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).