Accounting Advisory Manager (Projects & Solutions)
Cherry Bekaert LLP Owensboro, KY (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
If you are a public accounting auditor who feels caught in a repetitive cycle that is no longer challenging you to think critically or are a corporate accountant looking for a more dynamic opportunity that will leverage your talents across a diverse array of projects – keep reading!
Due to continued growth within our practice, we are seeking a Manager capable of fluidly and effectively handling multiple client relationships while leading a team of professionals to deliver a variety of financial/accounting projects or transformation activities needed by our client’s chief accounting leaders: Controller, Chief Accounting Officer, Chief Financial Officer, etc. We serve clients in various industries and expect our professionals to have an interest or demonstrated experience in one or more of our key industries including: healthcare, life science, cannabis, industrial, and technology.
As a recognized leader within our distributed, national team, you will be expected to positively contribute to our established culture of mutual respect, collaboration, and trust while providing an appropriate level of project supervision to ensure deadlines are met through the timely review of deliverables. A key aspect of this role is the opportunity and need to effectively transfer knowledge and expertise throughout the broader team, modeling a passion for excellence and mentoring junior associates to support their overall development and growth goals.
What you bring to the role:
• Minimum 5 years of experience within a public accounting firm or corporate industry accounting role
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a strong understanding of US GAAP required
• CPA or other specialized certification is required
• Team player able to move to a role to effectively managing a team of professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
• Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
• Ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
• Capability to work in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy while navigating ambiguous and complex client assignments leveraging superior analytical and diagnostic skills
• Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments successfully
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel up to 25% post-Covid
Relevant software experience:
• Demonstrated mastery of key Microsoft software - Excel, Word and Outlook
• Experience with Alteryx and Tableau is a plus
• Experience with relevant industry software products that would be nice to have include:
• Healthcare - Healthcare Data Informatics/ Analytics experience
• Cannabis – METRX, LeafLink, MJ Freeway, etc.
• Industrial – SAP, Inventory management software, etc.
What we offer you:
• Our shared values that foster inclusion and belonging including uncompromising integrity, collaboration, trust, and mutual respect.
• The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you.
• A collaborative environment focused on enabling you to further your career growth and continuous professional development.
• Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing.
• Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work.
• Opportunities to connect and learn from professionals from different backgrounds and with different cultures.
About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. “Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit .
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting Advisory Manager (Projects & Solutions)
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate they are eligible to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at and follow us on , or .
© 2022 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.
No Agencies Please
• Capacity Planning
• Systems Analyst
• Architecture Design And Assessment Systems
• Problem Management
• Systems Management
• Configuration Management Databases
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: g05uqzj
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.