Director, Transport & Logistics
Danaher Corporation Owensboro, KY (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
About The Role
The Director, Transport & Logistics drives competitive business advantage by implementing innovative strategies for cost reduction, quality, and delivery across the corporations non-production expenditures for goods and services totaling $200+ million annually.
In this position you will be responsible for leadership and implementation of strategies and standards to support segments, platforms, regions, and operating companies with their global Logistics supplier spend. You will provide management supervision of logistics leaders as well as management support for the delivery of key strategies, objectives, process improvements and metric alignment that will result in cost reduction, cost avoidance, risk management and service/quality improvement to EAS operating companies. Activities include gathering and analyzing spend and price data, identifying opportunities for consolidated negotiations based on operating company data, evaluating and selecting preferred suppliers, negotiating and implementing price agreements, managing and improving supplier performance, leading workshops and Kaizens, training acquisition associates on EAS sourcing tools & processes, analyzing, reporting, and monitoring project savings against policy deployment goals. He / She also is responsible for supporting integration projects associated with new acquisitions
This position is part of the Global Procurement team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
Develop and drive strategic and tactical solutions by providing decision support data analytics/materials (market data, financial analysis) with a vision of total cost management to deliver actionable results
• Maintain current knowledge and share information about global industry trends and best practices, innovative ideas, collaborative, leverageable opportunities.
• Work closely with executive management and platform leaders in setting policy and strategy for logistics activities including funnel management, common metrics, spend visibility, supplier management, and talent development.
• Identify and implement regional and global vendor relationships and contracts to leverage EAS volume and discounts. Lead the selection of preferred and manage their performance to ensure they consistently meet operating companies requirements. Increase the spend with preferred suppliers and drive more MSAs agreements.
• Prepare and execute corporate-wide bid packages utilizing RFIs, RFPs, and reverse auctions. Drive effective use of corporate-wide T&L contracts to ensure ongoing leverage and lowest cost
• Implement robust communication mechanisms with operating company associates to gather their business requirements, gain regular input on strategies, and ensure their understanding and commitment to strategies.
• Continuous improvement mentality to analyze, translate, determine root causes, develop action plans, and implement plan of action as necessary.
The essential requirements of the job include:
• Undergraduate degree in relevant area such as supply chain, business management, operations or finance.
• A minimum of 10 years combined experience in business, procurement, supply chain, materials management, or logistics.
• Experience in Transport Management, Freight Mgmt Systems, Data Analytics, Project Mgmt, Warehouse Mgmt and Freight Audit and Pay solutions. International experience in these areas is a must.
• Ability to work comfortably independently in ambiguous situations, know how to resolve conflicts and have a proven track record of achieving results.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating concepts and recommendations and gaining acceptance and commitment
• Problem resolution skills and root cause analysis experience.
• Strength as a communicator and team player, you need to be well versed in the details but capable of effective communication to all levels of the organization the goal setting, metrics, and results to establish a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and enthusiasm among the teams.
Approximately 30% travel is required.
At EAS we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for EAS can provide.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Transport & Logistics tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) .We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Director, Transport & Logistics to request accommodation. If youve ever wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.
• Business Management
• Business Process Improvement
• Business Relationship Management
• Business Requirements
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: g0lds2k
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.