Job Description Ferrum College is currently seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to serve as the Director of Alumni & Family Programs. The Director will help build upon an incredibly strong foundation in engaging alumni and family support for the College. Candidates will have exceptional abilities to build and strengthen relationships with alumni, both individually and in groups. This individual must advocate for Ferrum College and have a special talent for coordinating special projects and events.
• Create, maintain, supervise, and evaluate alumni programs and services.
• Direct management and oversight of special events related to Alumni & Family Relations:
• Homecoming, reunions, tailgating, alumni board meetings, alumni awards, golden panther induction, giving society meetings, and Alumni Board meetings.
• Maintain regular communication and engagement with alumni including social media, email,l and print communications.
• Assist in managing alumni records in Raiser's Edge by working collaboratively with Institutional advancement.
• Work strategically with the Alumni Board to support Board committees and facilitate two annual meetings focusing on goal setting and success.
• Occasional travel to alumni events to represent the college, as well as occasional evenings and weekend work.
• Excellent written and oral communications (including social media and email communications), and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Knowledge of Raiser's Edge software
• Equivalent of 3-5 years' work experience in Alumni and/or Development functions
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ferrum College, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another position on campus.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Report this job