$13.71 - $19.20 Hourly
Part-Time - 19 hours or less per week
Parks and Recreation Dept
Closing date and time
3/17/2023 at 5:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
Job Summary Serves as support to The REC, Active Adults, athletics, aquatics, outdoor recreation classes/camps, Hospitality Services, Lake Parks or special events.
Essential Functions 1. Attends to the daily operation of facilities and assists with various recreation programs, leagues, hospitality/concessions and special events.
2. Assists with program registrations, including periods of intensive computer processing with custom registration system.
3. Assists with program and event set up, tear down and implementation including working both inside and outside in various locations and conditions.
4. Provides excellent customer service by responding to customers’ questions and needs.
5. Performs general maintenance, concession duties, housekeeping duties in Parks and Recreation Department and/or Grapevine/Colleyville Independent School District facilities.
6. Ensures the safety of all spectators and participants in programs and facilities.
7. Completes various reports and submits them to the appropriate supervisor.
8. Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
9. Regular and timely attendance are required for this position.
10. Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public, coworkers and others in the course of daily work.
Required Skills SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to count money and make change correctly.
• Ability to use a calculator and do basic math functions.
• Must have good oral communication skills and able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
• Must have physical ability to work outdoors, lift up to 50 pounds, load, move, and set up various equipment needed for the camp, event, or class.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Minimum age 16.
Must possess or obtain upon hire CPR certification.
Must have physical ability to accomplish job tasks and able to work outdoors as required.
Incumbents must pass a Federal/National criminal background check.
Must pass a pre-employment basic physical, drug screen and functional assessment screening (Level 2).
Must be able to work various times and be available nights, weekends and some holidays.
When assigned to Hospitality:
• Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers certification within three months of hire.
• Must be able to operate an iPad used as a cash register.
• Must have general knowledge of cash handling, concession and food preparation.
While performing the essential functions of this position the employee is rarely exposed to disagreeable environmental factors. There will be some exposure to:
• Bright/dim light
• Dusts and pollen
• Extreme heat and/or cold
• Wet or humid conditions
• Extreme noise levels
• Fumes and/or noxious odors
• Moving machinery
Safety equipment such as gloves, goggles, hard hats, safety vests, steel-toe boots, back support belts, and seat belts are provided and must be worn as required by department procedures and good safety practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job entails moderate physical labor, which requires strength and agility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, shovel, and carry 15 to 50 pounds and exert up to 45 pounds of force. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the job requirements change.