$16.67 - $23.33 Hourly
Part-Time - 19 hours or less per week
Parks and Recreation Dept
Closing date and time
4/17/2023 at 5:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
Job Summary Oversee, direct, coach and motivate the Recreation Coordinator Assistant positions (RCA I and RCA II) while working at concession stand facilities and/or special events.
Essential Functions 1. Attends to the daily operation of facilities and assists with various programs and concession stands.
2. Assigns tasks, trains staff, schedules, and fills shifts as needed.
3. Prepares food and product at concession stand facilities.
4. Assists with program and event set up, tear down, and implementation including working both inside and outside in various locations and conditions.
5. Performs general maintenance and housekeeping duties in the Parks and Recreation Department.
6. Ensures the safety of all spectators and participants in programs and facilities.
7. Completes various reports and submits them to the appropriate supervisor.
8. May purchase supplies, food, drinks, and equipment to manage the concession stand.
9. Makes recommendations regarding the hiring, discipline, and termination of employees working at concession stand facilities.
10. Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
11. Regular and timely attendance are required for this position.
12. Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public, coworkers, and others in the course of daily work.
Required Skills SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to count money and make change correctly.
• Ability to use a calculator and do basic math functions.
• Ability to train staff on proper procedures for the concession stand facilities and other programs.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service by responding to customers’ questions and needs.
• Must have knowledge or money handling and able to operate a cash register, iPad or computer.
• Must have some knowledge of general food preparation and operations of a kitchen.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
• Must be able to work outdoors as required.
• Must have the ability to work flexible schedules allowing them to work various times and be available nights, weekends, and some holidays.
• Must have physical ability to load, move and/or set up tables, chairs, and various equipment needed for catering or concession stand events.
• Must have good communication and leadership skills with the ability to lead, coordinate, schedule, coach and motivate staff.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Minimum age 18.
Must have a minimum of six-months of work experience in the food industry or concession stand related environment.
Must be able to obtain a Manager Food Handlers certification within 6 months of hire date or promotion.
Must pass a Federal/National criminal background check, credit check, and have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record as defined by City policy.
Must pass a pre-employment basic physical, drug screen, and functional assessment screening (Level 2).
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is rarely exposed to disagreeable environmental factors. There will be some exposure to:
• Bright/dim light
• Dusts and pollen
• Extreme heat and/or cold
• Wet or humid conditions
• Extreme noise levels
• Fumes and/or noxious odors
• Moving machinery
• Other extreme hazards not listed above
Safety equipment such as gloves, goggles, hard hats, safety vests, steel-toe boots, back support belts, and seat belts are provided and must be worn as required by department procedures and good safety practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job entails moderate physical labor, which requires strength and agility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, shovel, and carry 5 to 60 pounds and exert up to 80 pounds of force. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the job requirements change.