1254 FT Insurance Sales Manager - Southern Indiana and Kentucky Insurance Locations
German American Bancorp, Inc. Owensboro, KY (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
Job Title: 1254 FT Insurance Sales Manager - Southern Indiana and Kentucky Insurance Locations
German American Bancorp and its family of financial services companies employ talented, compassionate people throughout the organization, truly making German American special. Delivering genuine, customized, personal service with a focus on truly serving customers and communities well, our employees bring the Shield of Excellence commitment to life with each and every interaction.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced insurance professional like you to drive the future of our business in the communities we serve. As a Sales Manager for the Commercial Lines (CL) and Employee Benefits (EB) teams, you are the leader for those business lines' sales team members and a member of the Agency management team. You will investigate and develop opportunities to attract new clients, manage existing client relationships, along with leading, coaching and developing the CL and EB sales teams. You will establish plans for growth and retention goals, maintaining a high quality sales and a service culture. Strategic thinking will come in handy as you assist in development and execution of annual business plans, budgets and strategies for the Agency. With your active engagement, you will participate in the recruitment and hiring efforts to attract and retain top CL and EB producers and team members.
What You'll Do:
* The Daily Grind - Performance management is key in this role, including the leadership of the CL and EB sales teams. Your deep understanding of the industry and team allows you to cultivate a sales culture, developing and implementing individual training plans (including the promotion of certification programs) and performing performance reviews for the team. You will set, monitor and manage growth and retention goals for the sales team and ensure accountability by team members. On at least a quarterly basis, you will work with executive management to host sales meetings for development of staff and sharing of performance information. Your responsibilities include oversight of the day-to-day insurance sales operations, including CL and EB producers' pipelines' and activities. You serve as co-leader in Practice Group meetings, assisting in monitoring of performance of the practice groups and especially of the CL staff serving in those groups. Continuing to foster and follow the Wedge Process, you will hold CRISP (Continuous and Rapid Improvement Sales Process) meetings.
* You Part of the Team: You are a leader in the insurance team, actively participating in daily communication and weekly staff meeting to help achieve the goals of German American Insurance. Your reach extends across business lines, including retail and commercial banking, investments, and wealth advisory, and drives a cross-business sales culture, including the creation of a goal-oriented cross sales and referral environment. You also represent German American in the community, working toward community development and leadership through involvement in service, civic organizations, and community events and activities. You provide leadership and liaison with key players in the industry, including assisting executive management with carrier relations and core carrier programs. Your input is essential regarding carrier needs and performance, as you meet with carriers and relay to CL staff the carriers' goals and key carrier information.
* And you have to be able to juggle - Multiple and conflicting priorities will come up under specific time constraints. In concert with your leader and other team members, you have to be quick to act when issues arise.
What it Takes:
* Current Property & Casualty Licensing
* 5 year's Insurance experience (Commercial or Employee Benefits preferred)
* Proven track record in pipeline growth, selling, negotiating, building relationships and cross selling.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail in creating professional presentations
* Building business and personal relationships through strong interpersonal skills
* Creating and networking with business contacts/influencers to develop referrals
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to provide superior customer service
* Responsible for adhering to compliance laws, regulations, and established Bank policies and procedures, including Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering
* Proven leadership/management skills
What we can offer you:
* Flexible working location: German American location within southern Indiana or Kentucky
* Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, etc.
* 17 days paid time off, 10+ paid holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and bereavement leave
* Education Assistance
* Wellness benefits
* Life event coverage
* Service awards
* Financial benefits including 401(k) match, stock purchase plan and more
* Great deals on both national and local discounts on everything from computers and vacations to phones and retail shopping.
* Logo wear discounts
* Free checking account, checks and discounted bank services
This position will be located at:
Evansville Downtown INS
21 SE 3rd Street
Evansville, Indiana, 47708
Other German American Insurance Office Locations in Southern Indiana and Kentucky
• Attention To Detail
• Bank Secrecy Act
• Customer Relationship Management
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: 2400805599
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.