TX - Grapevine, TX
4 Year Degree
Installation - Maint - Repair
The Test Engineer will establish test procedures and coordinate testing of products under development or in production
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other Duties not listed may be assigned.
Duties/Responsibilities: % of Job 80%
• Coordinates and performs tests at the quality control stage of the manufacturing process.
• Gathers and studies information regarding materials and components to be used in production.
• Drafts proposals for testing programs and operating procedures; outlines the specific testing conditions to be applied.
• Tests new products; develops systems to gather digital data during testing.
• Studies the data gathered during testing and evaluates the validity of the results.
• Identifies any problems with new products; makes adjustments or recommendations to resolve problems.
• Continues testing and analysis until results are within product requirements and specifications.
• Drafts detailed technical reports to present findings; based on findings, recommends modifications needed to correct production problems.
• Develops ongoing quality control testing procedures to be incorporate into the regular production process.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Find Innovative methods to save time and Money while maintaining the effectiveness of the quality.
Team Leadership % of Job 20%
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while supporting the companys culture.
• Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment, focusing on the well-being of all associates.
• Maintains and strengthens internal, external customer, and supplier relationships. Communicates and works well with all business partners.
• Ensures inventory management and merchandise allocation flows product through the warehouse in the most cost efficient and productive manner.
E ducation and/or Experience
• Requires Bachelors degree in computer engineering or minimum of two years of working experience as Test Engineer.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discuss product flaws in a constructive and positive manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Moderate knowledge of Scripting/Configuring (but not limited) using C++, Python, XML, CMD, etc
• Strong Architecture knowledge of general Computing devices.
• Must be Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare test reports and proposals.
• Shows determination to achieve excellent results
• Finds better ways
• Demands top performance
• Inspires commitment
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds at times.
• Must be able to traverse production facility.
SMS InfoComm Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and Inclusion are the foundation of our culture.