Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The Sales Support Associate role is an integral part of the store’s overall success and efficiency; demanding direct attention to our brand commitment when servicing our customers. Leaving a lasting impression on our customers through friendly, efficient interactions at our cash wrap and a well-maintained sales floor. Accurate and effective work, supporting the flow of product from the moment of receipt through the point of sale is essential to this role.
Sample of tasks required of role:
Greeting the customer with a smile and with eye contact and offering your name
Interact genuinely and naturally with the customer
Read cues and determine customers’ needs
Conduct email/name capture, where permitted by law
Maintain accuracy when operating POS
Maintain cash wrap organization and cleanliness
Suggest multiple add‐ns and sell gift cards
Maintain cash and POS media accurately and in compliance with Coach policy
Create lasting impression by genuinely thanking customer and provide reason to return
Represent Coach brand appropriately
STOCKROOM / WAREHOUSE:
Receive shipment and transfers
Notify Store Management when new product arrives
Scan cartons/transfers, verifying store information is correct
Communicate all discrepancies to Store Management
Process shipment/transfers according to Coach standards and timeframes
Organize and clean stock room daily; to include offsite / remote warehouse as applicable
Shift/organize product in the stockroom; react to sell through and make room for new product
Manage stock levels/product ownership in back-of-house and sales floor
Prepare and conduct regular cycle counts, as directed
Participate in store physical inventory counts, as scheduled
Maintain Company Loss Prevention standards
Regularly analyze sales floor to assess replenishment needs
Replenish sales floor/assigned zone
React to sell through and execute visual merchandising needs.
Support sales floor activities, as directed
Effectively communicate information pertaining to price points, features/benefits, color and stock availability to multiple customers
Respond to customer requests confidently; partner with sales team or Store Management, when needed
Upkeep housekeeping standards
Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Is consistently one of the top performers. Very bottom line oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions. Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kind of people up down and sideways. Inside and outside the organization. Builds rapport. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse even high tension situations comfortably.
Learning on The Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems. A relentless and versatile learner. Open to change. Analyzes both successes and failures for cues to improve, experiments and will try anything to find solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish. Seldom gives up on anything before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change. Can shift gears comfortably. Can decide to act without having the total picture. Does not get upset when things are up in the air. Doesn’t have to
Our Competencies for All Employees
• Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
• Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
• Perseverance : Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
• Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
• Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
• Managerial Courage : Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.