Evolve Healthcare Inc. Owensboro, KY (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
The Physical Therapist will carry out an individualized program of physical therapy including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, and communication to maximize a patient's progress toward achieving functional goals. The Physical Therapist will also maintain a positive working relationship with other health professionals and ancillary staff.
• Supervises and oversees the restorative nursing program.
• Provides direct patient care, evaluates functional needs and outcomes, and consults with other specialists. Reviews patients functional needs and adjusts care plans to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
• Designs and implements a plan of care for patients based on a thorough assessment of potential development and incorporates participation by significant others whenever it seems appropriate.
• Conducts therapy practice within defined standards of care.
• Directs the assistance of support staff to achieve patients functional goals.
• Communicates effectively with other professional and support staff to achieve positive patient outcomes.
• Practices policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
• Documents evaluations, treatment goals, and plans. Regularly updates documentation and maintains prescriptions and signatures.
• Enhances professional growth and development of self and others through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, and workshops. Keeps up to date on professional literature.
• Ability to remain calm in emergency or crisis situations.
• Provides direction and leadership to staff and acts as a resource to promote physical therapy in the community.
Education and Experience:
• Graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) approved physical therapy program.
• At least one year of experience as a physical therapy aide.
• Current license from the state Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
• Duties require extensive standing and walking.
• Requires lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
• Duties require frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
32 hours M-F 162-bed SNF and rehab center - Also offers senior living area • Genesis owned so offers major stability and no worry of contracts • Close to Indiana border • Recipient of multiple awards • Electronic documentation via Optima/Net Health • Each rehab team member is given an IPad to work with daily
If interested in this position please email Marti Brende at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Physical Therapist
• Health Care
• Infection Control
• Medical Emergency
• Nursing Home Care
• Physical Therapy
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: drlzldi
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.