Donatos Pizza Owensboro, KY (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
The Shift Manager is responsible for Quality and Services systems in the restaurant. Shift Managers coach and train Donatos Associates to produce the highest quality food and to provide friendly and honest service. The Shift Manager may open or close the restaurant in the absence of a salaried Manager, ensuring a quality opening and/or closing by completing administrative responsibilities while maximizing the safety and security of our Associates, Customers and Assets.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position safely while meeting productivity standards
• Able to stand and/or walk entire shift
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Occasional bending and twisting
• 1-year experience as Shift Lead or Manager or Donatos equivalent experience
• Successful Completion of Donatos M.I.T. Program and all corresponding certifications, Shift Manager E-learning modules, and food safe handlers courses
• Can execute all items on the Shift Manager readiness checklist
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Interacts with and listens to customers attentively and enthusiastically.
• Anticipates the needs of the customers at all access points and removes existing or potential service barriers.
• Displays caring and empathy for customers and follows correct steps when resolving complaints.
• Ensures the team delivers all elements of Donatos Service Behaviors.
• Contributes to the team morale by displaying enthusiasm and commitment by word and action.
• Properly trains new Associates to execute Donatos standards and processes to understand their roles in fulfilling the Mission, Promise, and Values.
• Ensures customers receive their orders accurately and within the quoted promise times.
• Ensures shift execution (pre/post-shift checklists, game plans, and dough plans).
• Understands and coaches the principle drivers for People, Promise and Prosperity (positive environment, scale usage, etc.).
• Models performance standards (primary responsibility to direct & coach, secondary responsibility to assist).
• Takes personal responsibility and ownership for managing Product Quality, Service, and Prosperity.
• Manages food, labor and costs through training and coaching.
• Acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
• Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, and theft during shifts.
• Demonstrates, trains, and enforces operating norms, including but not limited to uniform policy, attendance, safety procedures, cleanliness.
• Knows, enforces, and educates Associates on all applicable labor laws.
• Opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures and completes assigned paperwork.
• Trains and enforces correct cash control procedures.
• Assumes responsibility for inventory of all stocked items, vendor orders, and invoice processing.
• Ensures Associates understand and follow the food safety & personal hygiene standards required by Donatos and the local Health Department.
• Manages the people, product, and equipment in the restaurant to deliver the Mission & Promise.
• Uses proper security and verification procedures when handling deposits and safe contents.
• Effectively uses Donatos pre-shift and shift job aids and tools to ensure optimum product quality.
• Manages dough and day dots to ensure the best quality.
• Properly executes, enforces, and manages food safety and sanitation requirements.
• Food Safety
• Quality Management
• Safety Principles
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: fdetgrw
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.