Computer Engineer 12 Month Register (Public Notice)
Department Of The Treasury Owensboro, KY (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Computer Engineer 12 Month Register (Public Notice) />
Six (6) vacancies may be filled anywhere in the following specialty area:
Information Technology Division.
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Responsible for the development and design of robust, scalable and cloud-based platforms responsible for managing the cloud computing architecture, especially as cloud technologies grow increasingly complex. Cloud computing architecture encompasses everything involved with cloud
computing, including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, delivery and networks required to manage cloud storage.
* Serves as the Cloud Subject Matter Expert specialist for executing and overseeing cloud computing strategy. Directs and mentors junior staff, reviews the work of other analysts including Data Scientists, provides feedback to management regarding staff performance, and demonstrates
leadership in the office. Assists data architects in building the framework for data search and retrieval.
* Provides highly technical advice to IRS executives as needed.
* Provides leadership and direction to broad research projects of major policy importance, difficulty, and complexity, directed toward significant problems relating to goals and mission of the IRS.
Conditions of Employment
* If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
* Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to "Get Your Tax Record" at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Computer Engineer 12 Month Register (Public Notice) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
* Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement OR time of referral:
Basic Requirements: Four years course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher professional engineering degree. The curriculum must: 1) be in a school of engineering accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or 2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: a) Statics, dynamics, b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships), c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics, d) thermodynamics; e) electrical fields and circuits; f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. OR
A Combination of education and experience. The education must include courses equivalent to a major in engineering, as shown above. To be qualifying your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate: Thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering.
This must be demonstrated by meeting one of the following:
* Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico.
* Written Test showing evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, or any other written test required for professional registration.
* Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in the basic requirements.
* Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor's degree in engineering, provided that you have at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE GRADE 15: In addition to meeting the basic requirements you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: demonstrated mastery knowledge and technical understanding of the fundamental principles of professional engineering and scientific disciplines research, design, development integrated computer hardware/software information systems; Expert knowledge of systems design principles and development methodologies; Expert knowledge of information systems practices in areas such as applications development, systems integration, telecommunications, database management, security, and software engineering. At this level your experience should include formulating and applying new IS design principles based on broad architectural guidance; Participating in resolving mission critical agency-wide issues; developing Service-wide information systems and providing recommendations. You must have experience providing quality deliverables at every step of the infrastructure design and implementation process
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* A 1-year probationary period is required.
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a non-bargaining unit position.
* Day Shift - Start and stop times between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
* File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
Though many locations may be listed, you will be limited to a maximum of 3 location choices. Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply up to the closing date of the announcement, 01/09/2024. The announcement will be used to fill an anticipated 6 vacancies. Selections may be made from certificates issued up to 12 months after the 1st cut-off date listed below. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Applicants need to apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered, cut off 1- 1/23/2023; cut off 2 5/16/2023; cut off 3 8/14/2023 and cut off 4 11/13/2023. Selections will be made until 2/12/2024. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed, not later than 5 days prior to the additional cut-off date or the final selection date.
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will have cut-offs for applicant consideration. Eligible applicants who apply by 11:59 pm ET will be considered first. All other applicants will be considered in Quality Group order as needed, to fill remaining vacancies. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply - documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply up to the closing date of the announcement, 01/09/2024. This announcement will establish an inventory of applicants. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available.
• Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
• Installations (Computer Systems)
• Repairing (Computer Systems)
• Computer Hardware
• Mobile Devices
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: 2417644422
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.