Janssen Pharmaceuticals is recruiting for a(n) Associate Manufacturing Operator, located in Athens, GA.
The Associate Manufacturing Operator performs duties related to the preparation and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates, and/or medical devices. These responsibilities include using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications and in accordance with standard operating procedures, as regulated by quality, environmental, and safety agencies (FDA, EPA, OSHA, DEA, etc.).
Key Responsibilities: • Operates and cleans production equipment used to produce intermediate or finished products for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Narcotic products, medical device raw material components, or other products as advised; Completes all associated support activities in the production of these products.
• Interprets instructions and specifications and uses to set up equipment.
• Follows and accurately completes batch records/logs, SAP transactions and other documentation associated with all production processes to ensure efficient operations and compliance with cGMP and standard operating procedures.
• Performs all duties with attention to quality, safety and environmental matters including: wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, recognizing, reporting, and appropriately responding to hazards in the work area (spills/accidents/near misses), maintaining proper housekeeping at all times, and properly labeling and storing chemicals.
• Performs area safety inspections to identify safety hazards and report findings in accordance with company protocols.
• Makes a positive contribution through demonstration of ability to seek out assistance from co-workers as needed, to suggest ways to improve upon current operations practices and systems; and to learn new skills, procedures and processes.
• Be available for overtime work on a scheduled or emergency basis.
• High school diploma
Experience and Skills: Required:
• 2-4 years of work experience.
• Must be able to read, write, and understand Basic English and read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
• Basic math skills required.
• Ability to communicate and effectively work as part of a team.
Preferred: • A minimum of 6 months of work experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, or other industry that aligns with cGMP environment.
• Operating skills of manufacturing equipment, tools, and hand/forks trucks preferred.
• Knowledge of DCS and SAP systems.
• Basic PC navigation such as the ability to enter data into programs/software applications as instructed and use software applications for mail, word processing, spreadsheets and other job specific needs highly preferred.
Other: • Must be willing and able to meet the physical demands of this job which include: standing, walking, climbing, bending, stopping, reaching with hands and arms, and using hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to talk, hear, taste and smell; must have the ability to work from ladders or platforms up to 30 feet in the air and the ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to qualify for respiratory protective equipment use.
• While working in this job the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
• Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .