Work is Agriculture Temporary Seasonal from: 03/01/2023-011/30/2023 Local Recruitment only
Pre- assembly & field (on-site) assembly of agricultural irrigation system components such as water valves, transfer piping, water lines, and sprinkler heads, water pumps, control panels, supporting framework, etc.
· Connect components together with fasteners such as bolts, screws & specialty clamps or by welding or soldering.
· Excavate and open ditches and/or trenches for installation of water lines. Excavation and trenching done by machine and by hand.
· Carry sections of pipe, up to 20’ lengths, by hand.
· Lay and bury water pipe and supply lines and drip irrigation lines in ditches or trenches. Pipe material may be PVC, plastic, steel, or aluminum.
· Backfill and compact ditches and trenches. Backfill done by machine and by hand. · Install and connect water emitters, such as drip tape, sprinkler heads, etc.
· Install water pumps and pump motors at supply source, such as pond or reservoir
· Assist in installation of electrical control system and construction of central “pump station”
· Monitor water flow and output of irrigation system to ensure crops are irrigated and watered properly.
· Maintain irrigation system in suitable working order. Repair leaks and other deficiencies as they happen.
· At end of growing season, clean out and disassemble system to prepare for winter season
· Hand and power tools used may include, but not be limited to, wrenches, screwdrivers, impact drivers, drills, utility knives/box cutters, hacksaw, reciprocating & circular saws, angle grinders, shovels, mattocks, tamping bars, welders, and torches. Employer will train worker on tool usage.
· Vehicles and equipment to be used may include but not be limited to, utility vehicles such as a John Deere Gator or Polaris Ranger, farm tractors & wagons, skid steer loader, mini- excavator, trencher, light duty trucks and farm use dump trucks (if worker is licensed). Employer will train worker on equipment operation.
· Assist in harvest of haylage, corn silage, shelled corn or soybeans.
· Haul haylage or corn silage to silos using tractor and wagon or dump truck. Dump or spread silage into silos as needed.
· Follow proper packing and storage techniques in silos for proper crop preservation. On bunker style silos, install bunker cover and weighted ballast such as sandbags, split tires, etc.
· Haul shelled corn or soybeans to grain bin site using tractor & wagon or dump truck. Dump grain into transfer auger into grain bin.
· Keep silo and bin sites clean and free of spillage or waste.
· Perform routine maintenance or repair on farm equipment, such as changing tires, changing oil, etc.
· This position is primarily an outdoor, open-air position. Exposure to sunlight, rain, heat, mud, dust, wind, and other varying weather conditions and types is likely. Work may happen before sunrise or after sunset as needed.
The employer has guaranteed your first week's wages unless he/she notifies this job
Service of a later starting date by
02/15/2023. In order for you to be eligible for this guarantee, you must contact the job
Service office during the period of 02/16/23-02/22/23 at:
VIRGINIA EMPLOYMENT COMMISSIION
211 Nor Dan Ste 1055
Danville, Virginia 24354
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: $14.91 (minimum) Not Applicable Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Seasonal
Hours per Week:
View what local employers are paying Agricultural Equipment Operators