State: VA City: Rocky Mount Area of Interest: Internships Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-exempt Employment Status: Temporary Job Description
The Internship experience is designed to develop student athletes in discerning their calling and career while introducing them to various aspects of ministry through FCA. FCA Interns are collegiate volunteers who engage through FCA in a learning and developmental ministry experience during a summer or a semester. Interns who are serving through FCA are not employees and do not receive compensation by the hour or for production of their work. Interns serving with FCA may receive a nominal stipend for living related expenses during the course of the internship.
FCA internship experiences vary from location to locations; however, the primary goal of each internship is to develop the intern's understanding of his/her individual calling to ministry through related training and experience. Further information about each specific internship is available by contacting the FCA staff associated with this posting.
These responsibilities are critical to the FCA mission and this position plays a vital role in our ministry. FCA expects all functions and responsibilities outlined below to be carried out with a heart surrendered to serving God as a form of worship.
• Agree with, and abide by, FCA's Christian Community Statement.
• Follow a spiritual rhythm including daily prayer and Bible study to seek the Lord's will for FCA.
• Lead, conduct and provide spiritual leadership for staff, volunteers, coaches and athletes through prayer, Bible study, worship and living by example so they are equipped to serve others.
• Connect to and participate in a local church through worship and weekly involvement.
• Conduct yourself in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA's Christian beliefs (see FCA's Christian Community Statement) at all times.
Internship requirements will be
Growing ministry in Franklin Co, VA at FCHS, and Benjamin Franklin Middle School
Seeking opportunities with female team huddles
Serve at FCA Summer Camp and attend MACC College Camp
Position also available in Reports To Mitch Reed At-Will Employer
This position is at-will employment, meaning that either the employee or FCA can discontinue employment at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. The Position Description does not create a contract (express or implied) or enforceable promise or representation. FCA can modify this Position Description at any time. Additionally, it is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.