Sign on bonus of up to $10,000; relocation assistance of up to $4,000 available. To learn more about our award-winning Imaging departments and hiring incentives at Carilion Clinic, please watch this video .
The MRI Technologist performs professional duties involved in a variety of technical procedures to apply magnetic resonance imaging for radiological diagnosis of patients of all ages.
Performing accurate diagnostic procedures on patients takes a reassuring approach, technical skills, and state-of-the-art equipment. That's precisely what you'll find at Carilion Clinic. At Carilion, our team provides quality technical procedures in a forward-thinking environment. You will thrive through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
The duties of the MRI Technologist include, but are not limited to, the following:
May be exposed to infectious diseases, bio-hazardous and hazardous materials. Must work with physicians, other healthcare providers and patients under stressful and adverse patient conditions (confused, combative, sedated, etc.). Physical requirements include lifting, prolonged periods of standing, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, walking and the ability to cope with high stress and conflict, etc.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development, and assesses data reflective of the patient's status.
• Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirement relative to age and/or specific needs, and provides care per applicable policy and procedures.
• Interacts with patients, families, visitors and all members of the healthcare team to develop, coordinate and manage the plan of care.
• Operates highly specialized, technical equipment to obtain quality images. Performs IV contrast injections and other skills as required.
• Performs duties associated with processing patients, which may include scheduling, registration, file management and computer processing skills.
• Evaluates and positions patients with a high degree of professional ethics, care, courtesy, patience and safety.
• Participates in the training of students and staff as assigned.
• Maintains appropriate registry and MRI registry. Must maintain CEUs in MRI for accreditation.
Education : High school graduate or GED and Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology required.
Experience : CPR required. MRI experience preferred but not required.
Licensure/Certification : Certified/registered by the ARRT in MRI or certified/registered in an Imaging profession by the ARRT, NMTCB or ARDMS or a candidate for the MRI advance certification by meeting the ARRT candidate requirements. MRI technologists employed after May 1, 2014 have one (1) year to complete their advanced MRI certification. AHA BLS-HCP required. MRI certificate accepted.
Other : Good interpersonal, technical skills and flexibility in assignments.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 137976
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CFMH - Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Mon-Fri 4-10 hour shifts. Rotating day off during the week
Recruiter: JASON A BISHOP
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4039
Recruiter Email: JABishop1@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.