Part-time CNA position to cover all of Bedford County, including Vinton area. Hours may be either Monday thru Friday for 4 hours or three eight hour days. Holiday rotation required. Reliable transportation. Good computer skills are a plus.
The Hospice Care CNA serves as a member of the Hospice team. The CNA offers personal care, comfort measures and light environmental services in Hospice patient’s residences directed by the Aide Care Plan, Interdisciplinary Hospice Plan of Care and the Physicians Medical Plan of Treatment.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Demonstrates understanding of the Hospice concept of care and the complex issues related to caring for the terminally ill.
• Demonstrates willingness to function as a part of a multidisciplinary Hospice team and as a responsible member of the Carilion Health Care Team.
• Demonstrates the ability to give competent, compassionate bedside care in a variety of settings in accordance to Hospice policies and procedures and in accordance to the Aide care plan.
• Assist patients with activities of daily living, personal hygiene (including baths in tubs, shower, basin, bed, shampoos, nail care, as prescribed on Aide care plan), ambulation and prescribed exercise.
• Assists patient with toileting, including use of bedpans, bedside commodes and providing proper skin care to incontinent patients. Assists with oral or topical medications that the patient can normally self-administer.
• Measures fluid intake and output as indicated in the plan of care.
• Records and reports changes in the patient’s physical condition, behavior or appearance to the RN, Clinical Leader, or Manager.
Education: Must be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. certificate.
Experience: Must have a minimum of six months experience in hospice, home health, long term care, impatient oncology or medical surgical nursing. Must have worked as an aide (for compensation) within the 24 months prior to hire or have completed another program as defined by the Home Health CMS Conditions of Participation.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Certified as a nurse’s aide and registered by the Virginia Department of Health Professions. Must have license available to show for verification and primary source verification will also be conducted. Must have valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and personal vehicle for making home visits. BLS must be secured by end of supervised orientation and be maintained.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must have clear criminal record check free from barrier crimes conducted through the Virginia State Police criminal records exchange.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 132873
Employment Status: Part Time
Location: Carilion Clinic Home Care - Bedford
Shift Details: Hours may be either Monday thru Friday for 4 hours or three eight hour days
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.