Job description for Lead Integration Engineer: - Under direct supervision, oversees a small project or phases of a larger project. Responsible for coordinating activities of project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project. Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
Wolters Kluwer Governance, Risk & Compliance division is looking for a Lead Integration Engineer to join our GRC CT team.
Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) is a division of Wolters Kluwer that provides a broad spectrum of solutions, services, and expertise to legal, finance, risk and compliance professionals and small business owners to help manage myriad governance, risk and compliance challenges in dynamic markets and regulatory environments, globally. GRC Solutions serves more than 350,000 customers in more than 150 countries, including 70% of Fortune 500 companies, 92% of the world’s top banks, 90% of the Am Law 100 and more than 300,000 small businesses. The division has a global footprint, with workforce in 28 countries. Our clients include corporate legal departments, insurers, small businesses, financial services companies, brand professionals, underwriters, governments, and compliance & risk professionals.
The Lead Integration Engineer will own and lead integration engineering team to drive integration related capabilities that include designing and delivering the integrations, establishing, adhering, and enforcing the integration best practices, providing leadership to integration team members to underpin and support product teams, technical initiatives, and the management team’s strategic goals which are aligned to transformation, continuous improvement, and agile delivery. This position is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining solutions related to the integrations between multiple systems and databases. The ideal applicant will thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process. This is a hands-on position working directly with the Agile Scrum teams and should be very comfortable with integration space and integration-related technologies, architectures, and patterns.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Ownership of integration capabilities (APIs, services, and data flows) across multiple enterprise systems and databases
• Lead implementation of Integration across enterprise systems leveraging MuleSoft as an integration technology
• Design, develop, and maintain integrations using industry best practices and design patterns
• Technology leadership over integration capabilities for high quality, maintainable integrations across large enterprise systems
• Lead onsite/offshore/nearshore development team(s) supporting multiple work streams working in agile scrum model
• Deliver high quality (reusable, performant, scalable, available) integration solutions (internal as well as external) supporting enterprise needs
• Collaborate with application teams, architects, business analysts, and product owners to understand their requirements, propose options, and implement solutions
• Identify and drive quick POCs for feasibility to meet the solution needs and provide quick estimates
• Work with enterprise architecture team for alignment of strategy and technology
• Stay close to the integrations, review designs and code to ensure a high-quality delivery and to avoid production incidents
• Develop and/or review functional and technical requirements, raising potential issues and participating actively in design discussions
• Collaborate with the support-teams around production incidents involving integrations and ensure that timely resolution/recovery and preventative measures are taken to avoid recurrence in all phases of the software life cycle
• Provide status updates and reporting metrics to the program leadership and contribute towards on-time and on-budget delivery
• Interface with Development, Operations and Support Management, and Business Partners to understand and resolve any technical issues that are discovered during any phase of the software life cycle.
• Support and implement DevOps culture and practices around integrations
• 12+ years of overall professional software development experience with Java programming background
• 5+ years of experience working with MuleSoft product and development practices
• At least one MuleSoft certification(Developer or Architect)
• Proficiency in API designs, integration designs, and excellent understanding of API-led connectivity approach
• Experience designing and implementing complex integration APIs/Services across multiple systems/databases
• Experience orchestrating integration use cases involving multiple systems and complex business logic tying in system, process, and experience API layers
• Deep understanding of REST, HTTP, MQ, JSON, SOA, and messaging patterns
• Deep understanding of API Security, Policies, and contracts
• Experience in standing up and maintaining MuleSoft environment in an enterprise setup with excellent understanding of MuleSoft infrastructure components such as VPC, VPN, Load Balancers, and Certificates
• Good hands on experience on API Manager, Runtime Manager, RAML/Swagger, and Exchange
• Excellence in test-driven development, unit testing using mUnit, and automated testing
• Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
• Experience with agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum and Kanban
• Experience leading a team of MuleSoft developers & testers to deliver integration solutions
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written -- and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with various functional groups within the organization
• Good knowledge of security, error logging, auditing, performance monitoring, and disaster recovery
• MuleSoft AnyPoint Platform, mUnit, AnyPoint Studio
• Java, Maven
• Cloud Concepts (AWS Preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Master’s degree is a plus
Location/Region: Tampa, FL (33646)