Associate Resolutions Officer - KY/TN
FCS of Mid America Owensboro, KY Full-Time
Apply on company site
Farm Credit Mid-America is a financial services cooperative serving financial needs of farmers and rural residents across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee for over a century. Our purpose is to secure the future of rural communities and agriculture - one home, one farm and one business at a time. We are passionate about serving the needs of our rural communities and creating positive customer experiences.
Farm Credit Mid-America is a great place to work! We have been named as a Best Places to Work in Kentucky for the past 10 years. At Farm Credit Mid-America we put our customers and team members at the heart of all we do.
SCHEDULE: Full Time
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 0% - 25%
About Our Opportunity
The Associate Resolutions Officer (ARO) serves the Association's internal and external customers by managing and servicing assigned accounts that are substandard classified. The primary goal of the ARO is to assist a borrower in returning to viability, or assist in exiting the lending relationship if viability is not possible. AROs work with SAU customers to evaluate the financial position and facilitiate servicing options on accounts where viability is attainable. AROs support the RO with loan origination and servicing actions inside FCMA origination systems, delivery of credit and continuous communication with the customer during the approval process.
The ARO will interview and listen to customers who are applying for credit, loan restructure, servicing actions and renewing operating loans. This position is expected to accommodate customer needs and serves as a backup to Resolutions Officers as needed.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10% of the time out of office for local travel.
How You Will Spend Your Time
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT: Manages a multi-million dollar adverse portfolio to resolve accounts and continue servicing objectives set forth in action plans. Communicates with customers often to make determinations on what their needs are, while also balancing the Association's interests in maintaining sound credit and acceptable nonaccrual volume. Keeps accounts up-to-date and strive towards a goal of returning accounts to viability, or making a determination about the future lending relationship. Documents action steps in the appropriate place and references these notes as requested. Coaches, coordinates, and delivers group training to advocate for proactivity in servicing high-risk accounts.
Supports RO(s) to service customers within the RO SAU and retail portfolios.
Collaborates with the RO and customers to understand customer goals, credit strengths and weaknesses and deliver value-added/constructive agricultural and financial information that will assist them in their farming operation.
Works with Resolutions Specialists and Customer Support Specialist to complete servicing actions required for customer circumstances and to monitor the portfolio and soundly service loans that expose the Association to risk.
CREDIT EXPERTISE & ANALYSIS: Maintains the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of customer service, credit administration and management of high-risk accounts.
The ARO will build his/her expertise in the areas of agriculture and residential credit, finance, technology, and the various market segments served by FCMA.
o Maintains a working knowledge of the relevance and importance of financial information and documentation.
o Works with customers to help explain their financial situation based upon data collected and analyzed. Uses this information to make sound credit decisions within assigned delegated authority, and supports these decisions and analysis in the Loan Servicing Recommendation Worksheet.
o Obtains and processes new applications, renewals, and loan servicing requests.
o Delivers loan decisions, talking points and conditions.
o Occasional involvement in joint sales calls to enhance customer relationships.
o Follows guidance in all process guides as appropriate for the role.
REPRESENTS AND COMMUNICATES THE MISSION AND VALUES OF FARM CREDIT MID-AMERICA and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
PERFORMS OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS ASSIGNED.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in agriculture, business, or a related degree and at least 2 years of successful experience in the agriculture/lending field. Experience handling complex customers who have more involved servicing needs preferred.
Mental & Physical Requirements
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to…
* Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from customers, staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
* Use a computer and similar office technology and tools. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
* Speak, deliver training, and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
* Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
* Successfully interact with and represent the Association to customers, staff, officers, board members, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
* Provide sound technical advice to customers and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
* Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
* Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
Farm Credit Mid-America provides a competitive total rewards package to our team members. This includes an award winning 401(k) Plan. Our Health and Financial wellness benefits provide safety, security and peace of mind for you and your family. Here is only a highlight of what we provide our team members:
* Medical Insurance - Two consumer-driven health plans available paired with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA).
* Dental - Our dental plan offers option of basic or comprehensive coverage.
* Vision Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts - Two Savings Plans to plan for eligible healthcare expenses.
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health providers for you and your family.
* Income Protection - Short and Long-term Disability Insurance coverage.
* Retirement Savings - Team members have 401(k) savings options with an employer match.
* Paid Time Off - Vacation, sick, and holidays.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bowling Green
• Customer Demand Planning
• Customer Relationship Management
• Customer Service
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: 2383005162
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.