KEMET , a subsidiary of YAGEO Corporation (TAIEX: 2327) and part of the YAGEO Group, helps our customers build tomorrow with the broadest selection of capacitor technologies in the industry, along with an expanding range of electromechanical devices, electromagnetic compatibility solutions and supercapacitors. With over 100-years of making the world a better, safer, and more connected place to live, our vision is to be the preferred supplier of electronic component solutions demanding the highest standards of quality, delivery and service.
KEMET is seeking a software engineer with simulation experience to help deliver highly scalable and quality software applications.
Work of Significance
KEMET has distinguished itself from its competitors by creating a digital portfolio to engage our customers including top global companies. We build electronic components data content and power it with unique software which "thinks like a Subject Matter Expert." The result is a suite of customer facing software applications and tools which bring efficiency to component selection, cross reference, customized specification sheets and quote/Bill-of-Material processing. KEMET offers a collaborative, energetic and casual work environment. We embrace new technology by constantly integrating some of the latest software tools and frameworks into our workflows.
As a member of our team you will develop cloud applications, APIs, and supporting software. Additionally, you will solve complex problems, brainstorm with clients, and see your unique ideas launched in our internal and external facing applications. The anticipated salary range for this position is $100k - $145k.
• Developing new software applications to help KEMET meet its business needs
• Engaging with new and current users to develop new software applications and improve existing applications
• Writing efficient and elegant code based on requirements
• Streamlining deployment of programs and applications
• Planning work with little assistance from the supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The strongest candidates thrive given the following:
• Experience with simulators
• Understanding of Electrical Enginneering to aid in the design of component simulation
• Understanding of Software processes, algorithms, and data structures
• Knowledge of functional and object oriented programming
• Enjoying coming up to speed on new technologies and languages quickly
• Enjoy working on truly the full stack web development. There is work on frontend, backend, APIs, integration, security, gateway, infrastructure, microservervices, among others.
• Work is predominately backend
Candidates Should Also:
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Have meticulous attention to detail
• Work well in a small group environment
• Convey a positive and self-motivated attitude
• Enjoy new challenges
Languages and Technologies involved:
Experience preferred, but not required
Prioritized by most relevant to our development environment
• SQL/NoSQL Databases
• Spring Boot
• Front end frameworks: Angular/Vue/React
• REST Services
• ORM Frameworks
• Content Management Systems
• All levels of experience are encouraged to apply
• Bachelor of Science degree (Engineering, Computer/Technology)
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and positive with a desire to tackle challenges
• Enjoy leading, mentoring, and collaborating
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
KEMET does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, political affiliation, union membership, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law, in making employment decisions including but not limited to hiring, wages, promotions, rewards, and access to training. Qualified applicants and workers shall be provided with reasonable accommodation for disability and religious practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We value a diverse workforce.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Software Developers