Stepan Company is seeking a Lead Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team in Northbrook, IL. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager FP&A. This person will be responsible for providing managing the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes. In addition, this position will perform ad hoc reporting to the CFO on a regular basis, facilitating development of the long-range strategic financial plan with the business, partnering with the business unit finance managers, act as system administrator for SAP’s Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) system.
• Manage the annual budget and quarterly forecast processes
• Act as system administrator for SAP’s Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) system
• Support the annual 5 year plan processes
• Actively involved in routine monthly management reporting responsibilities
• Prepare presentations and executive reports for the Operating Committee, Board of Directors and other Senior Management
• Provide financial analysis support for global operations, including; ad-hoc analysis for board packages, power point presentations, review of cost savings proposals and other business analysis
• Preparation of financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as working capital and ROIC
• Support the CFO’s responsibilities with respect to Investor Relations, including enhancement of the investor pitch, monitoring the company’s analyst consensus estimates, preparation of Q&A for the quarterly earnings calls and continuous improvement of the company’s investor relations capabilities
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and across departments
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and continuous process improvement mindset
• Energetic, strong work ethic, resilient, collaborative, ability to juggle multiple projects at once and personally committed to achieving success
• 5 or more years experience in finance and/or accounting
• Experience working in FP&A and/or transaction advisory services preferred
• Experience with SAP and SAP’s Business Planning and Consolidations (BPC) preferred
• Experience with budget and forecasting processes preferred
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required
• CPA license or MBA a plus
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employment Type: OTHER