This position is located at Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital (CFMH) in Rocky Mount, VA. This position is full time working primarily 7am-7pm and every other weekend.
Provides leadership and assumes accountability for resource utilization through collaboration with Carilion management, unit staff, and Transfer Center staff. Facilitates effective two-way communication and resolution of work site operational issues in support of service line goals and objectives. Provides professional and advanced clinical skills for patients of all ages throughout all service areas. Provides support for staff while delivering quality care through a team oriented collaborative approach. The Clinical Administrator possesses the authority to act on behalf of Administration. He/she serves as the administrative liaison to patients, families, health system employees and external customers 24 X 7.
• Demonstrates effective problem solving while serving as the administrative resource for the hospital.
• Responsibility for Hospital-wide triage escalation – clinical/process issues facilitates Clinical Escalation Process
• Act on behalf of Administration serving as the administrative liaison to patients, families and employees across departments as well as external customers
• Investigates patient, visitor, physician, and staff concerns and implements appropriate course of action.
• Supports clinical, operational and facility services.
• Collaborates with clinical and support staff to foster delivery of quality care.
• Coordinates triage activities, as needed, through communication with Transfer Center staff, physicians, and leadership of clinical and ancillary departments.
• Utilizes leadership skills to organize, prioritize, direct, and give feedback regarding nursing care delivered by various levels of staff.
• Contributes to Carilion’s Health System’s performance improvement activities.
• Obtains adequate facts and evaluates data to identify and intervene in actual and/or potential safety and risk management issues.
• Provides on-site management/leadership in crisis situations to prevent or minimize disruption of services.
• Ensures physical plant and effective employee utilization to provide optimal care for patients
• Collaborates with Administrator on-call to coordinate internal/external disasters or other major events.
• In conjunction with Administrator on call, coordinates initiation of the severe weather policy.
• Serves as a clinical expert and facility resource for advanced clinical skills.
• Supports nursing staff in clinical tasks for patients of all ages
• Maintains awareness of medical plan of care, nursing practice guidelines, and policies and procedures, in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes and a professional environment.
• Assist with staff training, functions as a patient advocate, and assist with policy interpretation.
Education: Graduate of a state approved School of Nursing. BSN or eight (8) years of equivalent experience required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in patient care setting required. Critical care/ED experience preferred. Past management experience preferred. Demonstrated outcomes with projects and management principles in a health care setting.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Licensed as Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia.
Current Virginia RN license required. Must achieve Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of acquiring position.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Satisfactory completion of orientation; positive interpersonal and oral communication skills, effective written communication skills, analytic business skills, integrity and team player, courteous, ability to resolve complaints/problems, customer focused, philosophy of service, ability/willingness to work as an integral member of a multi skilled team. Demonstrates leadership qualities at current level of practice. Must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills. Acts as team player and is customer focused and has demonstrated problem solving skills.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 137539
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CFMH - Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Full Time, Primarily 7am-7pm & every other weekend
Recruiter: WHITNEY D SHELL
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4036
Recruiter Email: WDShell@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.