Truck Driver - Specialty Foods Group LLC Owensboro, KY
Specialty Foods Group LLC a division of Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, two different medical care plans (one with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers? We are currently recruiting for Truck Drivers at our Owensboro, Kentucky facility. This position allows for the chosen team member to be home on the weekends and take pride in delivering quality products to local and regional consumers. SFG offers a $2,000 signing bonus after the completion of the 120-day probation.
Position Reports To: Delivery Supervisor
• Make deliveries as directed in a timely manner
• Assist customers in checking orders
• Expected to help maintain the cleanliness of the work area
• Operate all fleet equipment safely
• Operate pallet jacks and/or forklifts
• Must report maintenance issues as required for safe operations and DOT compliance
• Must help maintain the cleanliness of the fleet maintenance
• Must be familiar with all products being delivered
• Must be familiar with the completion of all orders and bills of lading required in making deliveries
• Drivers are required to call in all OS & D's, along with any other delivery problems
• Must ensure temperatures on the truck stay within guidelines of product
• Report any issues regarding food safety or quality to supervision and/or quality assurance
• Comply with client requirements when applicable
Essential Job Requirements:
• Must be able to lift up to 90 lbs.
• Observe hygiene practices as required
• Comply with all safety procedures at all times and encourage others to do the same
• Maintain good housekeeping requirements throughout all areas of the plant
• Must be able to work long hours if necessary (including early mornings or late evenings)
• Must be able to work in seasonal and temperature weather conditions
• Handle congested driving conditions as well as open road conditions
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Candidates must possess a Class A CDL
• Minimum of 1 year driving experience.
• Must understand and comply with DOT regulations
• Industry experience a plus
• Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends
• Must possess functional math skills
• Must be able to read and write legibly
Specialty Foods Group, LLC maintains a diverse workforce where employee differences are truly valued. Our products are known to be household names, not only throughout the region, but the country. As a part of the community for over 100 years, SFG has never had a layoff! Be a part of something legendary...be part of the Specialty Foods Group Team.
Specialty Foods Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and values diversity. Our EOE policy not only prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any protected category under state, local or federal law, but also reflects our commitment to making all employment decisions without regard to an individual's membership in a protected class. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, rates of pay and other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in company-sponsored employee activities. As part of its equal opportunity policy, we also take affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws to ensure that women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities have opportunities to join and progress within the Company.
Employment Type: OTHER