$12.82 - $15.14 Hourly
New Ulm, MN
Park & Rec
General Description Under the general direction of the Assistant Director, manage membership, provide customer service and assist with operations of programs and special events within the Park and Recreation facilities plans, directs and evaluates programs, projects, special events and serves as facility shift supervisor.
Now is the perfect time to earn a little extra spending money! We have a PT Coordinator position available to work 1-2 weekends per month working at our Welcome Desk at the Rec Center! Job duties include greeting and checking in customers, selling memberships, admissions and provide oversight to the Rec Center. Must enjoy working with people. We are flexible and work with individual’s schedules as best we can.
This position will be open until filled. Essential Functions of the Job / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Perform membership management and customer service activities
• Open, close and supervise facilities for operations and close them at end of shift
• Operate cash register Point of sale program and balance deposits and receipts at end of shift
• Plan and assist with scheduling and complete necessary work to conduct programs and/or special events programs within the Park and Recreation facilities
• Assist with supervising other part-time staff assigned to programs and facility staff
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• Adhere to all safety practices and procedures and attend all training as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Ability to perform first aid and CPR or become certified within three months of employment
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions
• Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written form
• Ability to interact with general public and provide exceptional customer service skills
• General computer and office skills
• Ability to work independently as a member of a crew in an efficient, safe and cooperative manner
Education and Experience Position requires a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or enrollment in a qualified course of study the completion of which results with a diploma or GED; completion of two years of classes in an accredited college or post high school program preferred. Two years proven of strong customer service and general computer with business background is essential. Experience in leisure activities or facility operations with supervisory experience preferred. Position requires a valid driver's license.
Physical Requirements This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing and using hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently requires standing and sitting and occasionally requires walking, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operating machines and observing general surroundings and activities; work frequently requires exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).