Job Class Description: 8th/9th grade agriculture Teacher
Class Code: 2050
Job Title: Agriculture Teacher
Position Type: FULL-TIME
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Principal
*Location: Middle Schools - 3 and Apollo High School
Compensation: DCPS Certified Salary Schedule
Hours Per Day: 7
Contracted Days: 240 days (Remainder of the 2022-2023 school year)
Required: Hold Kentucky Teacher Certification for Agriculture grades 5 - 12; complete all requirements for employment for EPSB, KDE, and DCPS.
? Basic computer skills including use of mouse and keyboard to navigate computer, e-mail, and websites.
? Subject matter in area of assignment.
? Short and long-range planning techniques applicable to area of specialty.
? In-service materials, subject matter and methods in area of specialty.
? Record-keeping techniques.
? Communication skills.
? Research methods and report writing techniques.
? Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
? Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
? Principles of training and providing work direction.
? Technical aspects of field of specialty.
Job Summary: Agriculture teacher for all Daviess County Public Schools middle schools and one high school. This is an itinerant/traveling position to service multiple schools. The Agriculture classroom teacher will teach Principles of Agriculture. This course will accelerate all agriculture students in a career pathway for Ag-Careers; Ag-Business or Ag-Science and will enable students to complete a career pathway in the field of agriculture before graduation.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide classroom instruction and programming for students interested in the field of agriculture
· Act as a role model and provide students with the opportunity to develop leadership, personal growth and prepare for success through agricultural education
· Maintain an organized environment for teaching success and student learning
· Act as a professional, meeting the Professional Code of Ethics and DCPS expectations, as a dependable educator for students and the DCPS organization
· Work as a team player with multiple school administrations, faculty at all three middle schools and agriculture teachers across the district
· Display enthusiasm to ignite student learning and interest to expand their knowledge in school and the field of agriculture
· Willing to go above and beyond to see students succeed in the classroom and prepare them for career fulfillment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Location, duties, and responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of the district.
Successful completion of post-offer, pre-employment screenings are required as a contingency of employment.
*Contracts are with the district of Daviess County Public Schools-not with individual locations. Location assignments are subject to change.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Certified employee with year-to-year contract
• Participates in Kentucky Teacher’s Retirement System (KTRS)
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of certified personnel. The evaluation will be conducted by the ___________.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the terms set forth in this job description.
Date of Last Revision: 1.15.2020
Employment Type: OTHER