• Rocky Mount, VA
• Shift: 1st Shift
• Position Type: Permanent
To lead bold change utilizing the Cornerstone Building Brands Production System Methodologies at the site to ensure continuous, systemic, and sustainable elimination of waste. To develop a fully engaged culture of continuous improvement (zero waste mindset) through execution of Kaizen activity linked to Cornerstone’s vision and strategy deployment. To build a foundational capability for long term sustainment. Create an environment that enables change efforts at the site and encourages the development of a Lean Culture. Drives annual planning activities which tie directly to the plant’s cost reduction and people development goals.
LEAD SITE GUIDING COALITION
• Be the change agent – drive and accelerate change in culture, attitude, and capability
• Annual planning of Kaizen Event activities to support Site Strategy Deployment based on Value Stream Mapping and Waste Analysis
• Quarterly priority setting of Kaizen Events to deliver step change in results (60 – 90-day outlook) at the target pace for the site
• Approval of Kaizen events & close-out and sustainment plans
• Ensure Lean tool capability is developed across the site
• Drive employee engagement by ensuring a high percentage of new members on Kaizen Events
• Approval of standards, systems, and processes to support sustainable execution
• Approval of site standards as related to Lean methodologies and implementation
• Develop, modify, and improve standard processes to continuously improve efficiency of Coalition related to the above responsibilities
• Instill a standard, disciplined, rigorous, process focused approach to problem solving across the organization
• Actively participate in the CI Steering Committee to share, develop, and deploy Business Unit standards for Lean tools, principles, and methodologies as well as standard business processes
DAILY / ACTIVE WASTE ELIMINATION COACHING
• Participate in Accountability Meetings daily with Operations Manager or Production Managers to highlight opportunities for continuous improvement in Lean principles / tools and adherence to production system standards
• Participate in weekly (or periodic based on site) Production Department meetings to support development of corrective actions and coach problem solving methodology
• Participate in periodic Functional Department meetings to identify gaps / issues which need resolution, assist in the prioritization of work processes, and support in the development of corrective actions
• Outside of the Production Departments or Functional Department meetings (monthly minimum), coach structure and linkage of the Business Boards to ensure proper cascade of measures, targets, and actions from Leadership to shopfloor
• Identify and lead training in accordance with the needs defined by the Guiding Coalition, Site Strategy Deployment, and personal observation (daily coaching and walk throughs). Ensure proper understanding of these tools / techniques and ownership of deployment.
Kaizen Event FACILITATION
• Drive the site to model a Learn by Doing approach
• Organize / facilitate Kaizen Event-based and specific tool training for all monthly Kaizen Event teams
• Coordinate Preparation, Execution, and Follow-Up stages of the Kaizen Event process through weekly interaction with Leaders / Co-Leaders to ensure team is on pace with the guidelines / expectations of Kaizen Methodology.
• For Kaizen Teams that go beyond the desired 30-day close-out window, work with Team Leaders / Co-Leaders and Business Owner to close all open follow-up items and execute countermeasures to close gaps against desired deliverables / results
LEAN TOOL CAPABILITY
• Develop personal mastery in the Lean principles and tools to allow broad facilitation (Kaizen events, lean workshops, and daily coaching) in Production Departments and Functions. This shall include a mastery of training modules such as Waste Elimination, 5S, Root Cause Problem Solving, Standard Work, SMED, PM, Plan-Do-Check-Act, and other lean tolls defined in our production system.
• Coordinate Kaizen event Training process to ensure the site has broad base capability in all primary Lean tools to be self-sufficient for monthly and on-demand training requirements
• Lead training sessions and Kaizen Events within the site or within other CBB facilities as required.
REAPPLICATION / BENCHMARKING
• Develop and facilitate Lean Manufacturing Annual Plans within the site the ensure best practices are shared and reapplied efficiently to accelerate results
• Actively participate in the CBB CI Steering Committee meetings – share successful improvements with the network for potential reapplication to accelerate Company results and be open to learning from other site to reapply successful, sustained improvements
• Actively participate in Benchmarking visits and audits as required at CBB sites. The expected output from any such visit is a potential list of potential reapplications to be reviewed and inserted into the Idea Sharing read Across.
• Identify industries / companies / sites within the same geographic region to conduct external benchmarking based on performance and Lean journey progress
• Provide support to the CI Steering Committee in their implementation of actions, sharing his knowledge and practical experience in handling lean tools as required
• Ensure process confirmation through a relevant Go-Look-See process, to understand, support / coach, and challenge associates toward the achievement of expected business results
• In conjunction with the Plant Manager, lead the Site Leadership Team in the development of the Site Cos Take Out Roadmap linked to the Company Strategies and Objectives
• In conjunction with the Plant Manager, lead / coordinate the Site Leadership Team in development of annual plan Strategy Action Plans to achieve the Company goals
• Coordinate the monthly Strategy Deployment process including normal updates, gap analysis, and countermeasure development
• Conduct periodic reviews and audits of the Site, Production Department, and Functional Department Business Boards to ensure ongoing alignment to the annual objectives, linked KPIs, site initiatives, and site standards
• Manage the preparation of daily reports.
• BA / BS (4-year technical or business) degree preferable
• 4 – 6 years of Manufacturing Operations experience
• Previous Lean experience a positive for internal candidates and required for external candidates, High school graduate with some college.
Skills and Abilities:
• Able to build successful teams and guide others in accomplishing work objectives
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Seeks and uses ‘customer’ feedback to improve effectiveness of Lean group and deploymen
• Encourages open discussion and dialogue within and between Functions
• Well-developed decision-making skills
• Excellent computer and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Lead and Manage by Influence
• Individual and Team Coaching
• Extremely Process Focused
• Excellent self-motivation and attitude toward their work
• High degree of maturity and professionalism
433 N. Main St. Rocky Mount Virginia 24151
I'm interested I'm interested