Job ID: 2006700 Title: Sales & Event Service Manager Location: Grapevine, TX Employment Type: Full-time Experience Level: Mid level Perks: Disability Insurance Dental Benefits Vision Benefits Health Insurance Benefits Life Insurance 401(K) Matching Flexible Work Schedule Paid Time Off Company Discounts Parking Subsidies Hotel Discounts Uniforms provided Job Description: Primary Purpose:
The primary purpose of the Sales & Event Service Manager (SESM) is to function as the client liaison with the hotel operations team to execute successful events by detailing group and events sales bookings that maximize revenues and create up-sell opportunities.
The Sales & Event Service Manager will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
• Complete, review, and distribute Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
• Offer upgrade options to the client, collect the contracted deposit(s) and obtain their client's signature(s) on the BEOs.
• Communicate group details and changes to all hotel departments. Coordinate the client's needs and activities to ensure customer's expectations are met, and the property operates efficiently.
• In collaboration with the GM and DSE, conduct pre-convention meetings with client and hotel staff as needed, to ensure each event is positioned to meet the client's expectations, and post-convention meetings to gather feedback to recognize key associates, understand where improvements might be needed, and to inform the client that they will be receiving a satisfaction survey.
• Monitor guest room block and blocked event space to ensure group is meeting their contractual obligations. Initiate release of unused guestrooms and event space on cut-off date to allow re-sale of these rooms.
• Communicate with the client if there is a risk of attrition charges due to low pickup.
• Oversee and administer the payment process to include securing payment of invoices and ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to clients' payment as stipulated in the sales contract.
• Maintain booking activities in Hotel Sales & Catering software system to include documenting accurate communication between the client, hotel staff, and the accounting department.
• Assist the Director of Sales & Events with sales duties as needed including but not limited to site tours, selling catering events, etc.
• Ensure group clients can make reservations and count on the hotel for accurate and timely billing by completing the following tasks: build group masters in the brand system, set up billing and routing in the brand system, follow up with client on rooming lists and enter the names in the PMS, submit commission payments through the brand commission processing system, issue brand loyalty meeting planner points to the group organizer, review group no shows and work with the front office to determine appropriate next steps, review VIP group reservations and confirm they are blocked in the correct room types.
• Participate in the Group Scrub Meeting; and
• Any and all other duties as required
Job Requirements: Qualifications:
Required Prior Experience:
Minimum two (2) years of Event Sales experience or two (2) years in hotel Event Services, Banquet, Group Sales or an equivalent combination of education and
Preferred Prior Experience:
Prior experience with the Group, and/or Social Event market segments
High school diploma or equivalent
Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
Preferred Licenses/ Certification:
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Demonstrated experience with industry specific sales and catering programs including Microsoft Office, Delphi.fdc, and/or CI/TY, particularly in detailing
Banquet Event Orders (BEOs)
Less than 20% travel requirement
Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation and the ability to be available at off property meetings and
events with minimal notice.
Up to 8+ hours sitting at a desk and computer work
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
In addition to competitive compensation packages, Atrium Hospitality offers competitive benefits packages; 401k; tuition reimbursement; commissions for referred and booked hotel business; as well as discounted rates at any of our hotels for associates, their immediate family members and friends. Our associates and leaders are driven everyday to make Atrium Hospitality a great place to work and grow. Come grow with us!
EOE, including disability/vets
Empleador con igualdad de oportunidades, incluidos personas con discapacidad y veteranos