SR IT Infrastructure Manager
Grapevine, TX, USA Req #2671
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
For Earth For Life
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
The Sr. Manager of Infrastructure is responsible for all aspects of IT infrastructure including: Planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring the Data Center Operations, whether on prem or cloud. The incumbent also provides maintenance and support services for all hardware and software and its supporting infrastructure, overseeing the technical infrastructure as it relates to servers, storage and affiliate infrastructure(s) that provide service capability to the business. This position is accountable for the strategic and tactical management of systems, servers and enterprise applications.As such, this individual will oversee the plan, design, build, and on-going support activities of the organization's on-prem and Azure Cloud IT infrastructure. Emphasis is placed on maintaining a secure and well-managed enterprise environment in Azure along with developing and continuously improving the Azure Team. This person will provide the vision and strategy for designing, developing, and implementing IT Infrastructure ensuring key business strategies and processes to enable enterprise growth and flexibility.
• Manage a team responsible for planning, coordinating, directing, and designing all engineering activities of the infrastructure organization, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance business operations. This includes oversight for our data networks, circuits, audio/video platforms, network security, servers, databases, middleware, storage, and disaster recovery and backup solutions.
• Manages IT teams in the development, implementation, and management of IT's controls, policies, procedures, practices, and processes to protect the organization's IT assets and the integrity, security, and privacy of information entrusted to or maintained by the organization and to ensure compliance and consistency.
• Drives the establishment of performance goals and provides on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team's performance and capability, to facilitate open communication, and to encourage continuous performance improvement.
• Manages the delivery of technology and support services within an approved budget and via a team-based customer centric approach.
• Manages the lifecycle for systems hardware, network and communications infrastructure, desktop architecture, and internet resources.
• Work with the Head of Information Technology to plan and manage a multi-year technology roadmap, business plan and budget and manage a team of 20+ employees and contractors
• Lead and coordinate development of IT infrastructure and operations to ensure key business strategies and processes are supported by systems enabling enterprise growth and flexibility
• As a member of the IT Leadership Team, ensure that IT Business Plan objectives are successfully delivered meeting quality, time, and budget expectations
• Provide leadership to team by communicating vision, strategies and objectives to management
• Ensure availability of necessary application systems to support business and operation needs
• Supervise and develop the team: Network, System Administrator, Desktop Support, Telecommunications, Asset Management, Azure Cloud
• Manage the Azure Cloud Team that consists of strategic partners, contractors and full-time employees while ensuring Kubota Japan Azure Cloud procedures are followed
• Direct, oversee, and evaluate Infrastructure strategic planning, goals, objectives, and operating procedures
• Provide accurate and timely communication of status, risks and timelines, including system downtime/uptime, outages/availability, and performance
• Provide Leadership and Mentorship to direct reports as a representative of the company, including approving time off requests, work with performance, conducting periodic one-on-one meetings and annual performance reviews
• Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
• Communication, interaction and negotiation of pricing contracts with IT vendors
• Delivery of projects on-time and on-budget
• Direct activities in collaboration with the head of IT Security to ensure execution, maintenance, and sustainability of the Information Security Program such as Identify and Access Management
• Stay well-informed of best practices in the IT infrastructure and service delivery field, coordinate and/or evaluates new and emerging practices and technologies and recommends and promotes adoption as appropriate
• Represent the organization with federal, state, local, and professional organizations in the area of IT infrastructure
• Manages the end-to-end systems infrastructure design, capacity planning and performance management to meet systems requirements while identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
• Manages incidents in IT's managed environments to ensure they are recorded, analyzed, interpreted (e.g., root cause analysis, opportunities for optimization, trending, etc.), resolves, and escalated, as appropriate.
• Provides technical expertise (i.e., tactical and operational) on evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of information systems.
• Collaborates with the management team to define and monitor project scope, span of control, purpose, objectives, strategy, stakeholders, deliverables, requirements, timelines, milestones, deliverables, resources, and metrics.
• Develops project budget proposals, tracks expenditures, manages the budget plan, and recommends subsequent changes, as necessary.
• Develops, executes, monitors, and adjusts project plans, resources, and implementation strategy to meet the needs of the key stakeholders, and to ensure the project deliverables are on time, within budget, adheres to high quality standards, and meets customer/stakeholders' expectations.
• Develops strategic plans and practices that support integrated and progressive infrastructure and operations to best meet current and future business requirements.
• Identifies, develops, and implements continuous process improvements and best practices into all areas (e.g., process, metrics, performance, etc.) to enable accurate, efficient, and effective systems' operations and customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor’s degree required in computer science or related field; MBA preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in Infrastructure Technology with knowledge of contemporary IT infrastructure—hybrid—on prem/cloud architecture
• Demonstrates expert level knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform and related services
• Understanding of differences between traditional on premise and cloud platforms
• Working knowledge of network infrastructure and security monitoring tools
• Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management among peers, team members, and within all levels of the organization
• Proven ability to lead by motivating, inspiring, and supporting team, leaders and management to successfully achieve their divisional and departmental objectives
• Demonstrated strength in strategic thinking, identifying key business issues and opportunities, creating business strategies and driving results across internal teams and/or external partners
• Thorough knowledge of general principles of ITIL / ITSM and project management
• Working knowledge and expertise with automation scripting (preferred)
• Proficient understanding of cloud computing technologies and related networking methodologies
• Proficient understanding of unified communication technologies including VOIP and video conferencing
• Working knowledge and expertise with VMware, most Microsoft Server products and Microsoft Windows applications
• Knowledge of Network Security infrastructure (Firewalls, Proxy Servers, VPN concentrators)
• Able to collaborate and present at all levels of the organization
• Able to lead key initiatives using core project management fundamentals
• Network problem analysis and troubleshooting
• Developing positive work relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• Explain technical subjects to non-technical people in a precise and simple way
• Ability to work independently and solve problems as they arise
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity
• Ability to continuously learn new technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Kubota is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
• Job Family Manager
• Pay Type Salary
• Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
• Grapevine, TX, USA
Share this job: