electrical, engineer, project, capital, installation, troubleshoot, PLC, controls, automation, level 2, low voltage, vision, equipment, upgradesproject management
Contract W2, 3-8 years
$60 - $100 per hour
Manpower Engineering is seeking two Project Engineers to join the Maintenance & Engineering team for our client in the Owensboro, KY area. Will use your knowledge of project management to plan and implement key capital projects, drive technology improvements and provide engineering solutions that deliver productivity and improve operations within the business unit . Contract positions expected to last 3+ years (likely much longer). Pay $60-100/hour plus per diem.
Here's a summary on what you'll be doing:
• EE with understanding of Level 2 automation/controls. Will also handle some equipment upgrade projects (Furnace project, cast house project, roll grinder project, Level 2 controls, camera systems, etc.)
• EE to manage electrical side of large cast upgrade projects. Previous casting experience a huge plus.
Who we are seeking:
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Automated or Application Engineering.
• Minimum of 3 years of applicable experience in PLC System Automation.
• Capable to understand and modify L1 Software on the automation platforms in use (Siemens S7, Rockwell, SMS Siemag X-pack, servo systems, ProBAS, ).
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, analytical skills, good PC skills, and project management skills.
• Must work well in a team environment and possess good leadership skills.
• Experience working in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
• Good methodical aptitude for troubleshooting equipment and related issues.
• Ability to prepare and/or modify electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts, and graphs.
• Ability to provide technical training to all applicable personnel regarding electrical systems and functions.
• Ability to perform CAD with AutoCad software.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Proven negotiating, interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills.
• Some travel may be required.