Casting, Capital Equipment, Project Management
Contract W2, Multi-year
Manpower Engineering seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to join the Maintenance & Engineering team for our client in the Owensboro, KY area. Will use your knowledge of project management to plan and implement key capital upgrade projects, drive technology improvements and provide engineering solutions that deliver productivity and improve operations within the business unit . Contract positions expected to last 3+ years or longer. Great manager.
Here's a summary of who we're seeking:
• BS Mechanical Engineering degree, or degree in related engineering field required.
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in an industrial environment required.
• Casting / Cast House experience a huge plus
• Technical and project management skills are needed in this position, with potential ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience in the aluminum industry strongly preferred
• Experience with continuous line processes strongly preferred
Overview of job duties:
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, and executing capital projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes accruing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end and oversee quality control throughout the project implementation cycle.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support Dept area business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Provide quality and timely field engineering technical support, communication and advice to plant managers and operating personnel concerning the design, maintenance of equipment, and procurement of critical spare parts in the Dept in conjunction with assigned projects or as part of process improvement tasks.
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, contractors and stakeholders in timely and clear fashion.