DRIVER/Medical Service Technician
Located in Grapevine, TX
***NOW HIRING/APPLY TODAY***
***RESUME REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION***
Express Professionals Employment of Bedford has partnered with a company in Grapevine that is needing a DRIVER/Medical Service Technician to join their team.
Pay rate: $18.00
M-F 9a - 5p
• Clean Motor Vehicle Record
• Valid Driver's license
• Ability to lift 100 pounds when required
• Ability to take on-call status twice a week
• Ability to take on-call status one weekend a month
• Work overtime when required
• Work in outside conditions
• Positive and professional attitude
The Medical Service Technician (MST) is position whose primary responsibilities include: driving a box truck, delivery-pick up of home medical equipment, education to patients and/or caregivers. Work in a fast-paced team environment, excellent customer service and communication skills.
Paid on-call work hours are required.
This position requires the ability to work independently. Must adhere to Company, Federal, State and local regulations and compliance.
• Deliver, set-up, service and pick-up medical equipment and related supplies to/from patient’s residence and skilled facilities.
• Provide instruction and education material to the patient/or caregiver(s) on the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of medical equipment.
• Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
• Transport, handle and route medical equipment according to company policies and procedures to comply with infection control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
• Represent company professionally at all times through care delivered and services provided to all clients.
• Function within federal, state, local, and professional guidelines and regulations.
• Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and non-scheduled maintenance of equipment.
• Strong knowledge in all home medical equipment and ability to train MST staff effectively in High Flow Therapy, Bi-PAP Therapy and Enteral Pumps. Complete performance safety checks on equipment at the time of delivery.
• Perform structural/environmental, safety, and patient assessments as related to equipment and participate with the IDT care plan.
• Computer literate for accurate tracking of equipment and daily performance.
• Ability to provide initial general training to newly hired MST.
• May clean and disinfect medical equipment as needed.
• Clean/disinfect, test, and repair medical equipment and maintain accurate records and documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Receive, identify and label medical equipment.
• Maintain proper storage of equipment.
• Maintain equipment and supply inventory.
• Coordinate equipment, supply inventory levels, and communicate with Home Medical Equipment (HME)staff.
• Maintain oxygen refill files.
• Perform warehouse cleaning and overall maintenance.
• Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
• Adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures.
• Wear Safety-toed shoes
• Operate vehicles according to company policies and procedures to assure compliance with OSHA, NFPA, FDA and DOT regulations.
• Operate vehicles in a safe, responsible and defensive manner.
• Responsible for the cleaning and service notice of vehicles.
• Load and unload equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
• Present equipment education to a level of understanding by patients/families.
• Report equipment/patient issues to immediate Supervisor.
• Maintain accurate records in accordance with company policies and procedures, i.e. patient equipment delivery/pick-up/service forms, vehicle reports, manifests, and patient needs.
• May assist less experienced MSTs by providing guidance and counseling on job duties and responsibilities.
• Attend and participate in related Company meetings and/or committees.
• Completion of all required training during first year of employment as outlined in Career Pathway.
• Perform on-call work as required.
• Maintain positive work relations with staff members
• Provide internal HME Staff with training on home medical equipment.
• Demonstrate courteous behavior and be responsive to patients/families and other members of Healthcare and the public.
• Perform other job duties as requested.
• Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
• Adhere to all the company Healthcare policies and procedures.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience with the operation and repair of durable medical equipment preferred.
• Current driver’s license in applicable state.
• Ability to lift 100 pounds when required.
• Highly Organized
• Strong Administrative Skills
• PC Competent
• Able to work with hand-held scanning device.
• Work unsupervised in field exercising discretion and independent judgment.
All resumes must be sent to email@example.com
Express Office: Bedford
1703 Airport Freeway
Bedford, TX 76021